Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bull Bar Ban

ashzv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN v6 s2 Berlina 5spd
personally i think they should ban them in the city.
im talkin bout the bigger citys not country towns.
that way every1 will be happy.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
welding kinda defeats that purpose, and if you can it's not a real bullbar:thumbsup:

Well then they should have to adhere to the same rules Heavy vehicles do.

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
personally i think they should ban them in the city.
im talkin bout the bigger citys not country towns.
that way every1 will be happy.

I disagree, they (if anything at all) should be banned for vechiles licenced in major cities, im sure as hell not taking my bullbar off everytime I go to perth. They are no more dangerous than a car, mothers just need to blame something other than themselves for their kids getting killed when they push them out onto the roads without thinking. Oh dear, my kids dead. It wasnt my fault i was thinking more about how much money i can bilk out of my husband rathre than relaising that ive just pushed my kid into the oncoming 4wd, it was that damn bullbars fault! Its bullshit.

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
i dislike bullbars, they are hideous and can cause more damage than without having one, a bullbar hit my dad head on once, ripped his whole front bumper off.... keep them for the bush.

HVXII

AWI11
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VXII Acclaim storm grey
a bull bar is a type of accesories just as bodykits they are there for looks in the city & for bashing in the country i mean you could get a bodykit that has a huge scoop in the front & could chop someones legs off but hey you get hit by a car its still gonna Fu up bullbar or no bullbar keep em legal i say also people who get hit up the arse by a car/4x4 with a bulbar usually brake suddenly & cause them to ram up their ass

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I disagree, they (if anything at all) should be banned for vechiles licenced in major cities, im sure as hell not taking my bullbar off everytime I go to perth. They are no more dangerous than a car, mothers just need to blame something other than themselves for their kids getting killed when they push them out onto the roads without thinking. Oh dear, my kids dead. It wasnt my fault i was thinking more about how much money i can bilk out of my husband rathre than relaising that ive just pushed my kid into the oncoming 4wd, it was that damn bullbars fault! Its bullshit.

Right, no more dangerous than a car? Have you seen the damage they cause hitting someone at 40 km/h as opposed to not having one? I guess not. I have never seen such a stupid example to a post.

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
welding kinda defeats that purpose, and if you can it's not a real bullbar:thumbsup:

A real bullbar welded?
First, welding anything onto the chassis is wrong. Not only does it weaken the chassis as it is heat treated it can lead to fractures.
Secondly, with no place of designed connection all forces will be transferred to the vehicles chassis & can cause a structural write off from a minor incident.
Real bullbars are bolted.(and legal)

VZ-Rob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZS-Ute06
If they didnt make cars so damn quiet these days you wouldnt need a bullbar. Loud pipes save lives..........

Oh :yeah: govt. rebates for extractors and twin cat back systems ;)

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
A real bullbar welded?
First, welding anything onto the chassis is wrong. Not only does it weaken the chassis as it is heat treated it can lead to fractures.
Secondly, with no place of designed connection all forces will be transferred to the vehicles chassis & can cause a structural write off from a minor incident.
Real bullbars are bolted.(and legal)

dam ey, ill have to let the 20 or so ppl i know, know that.:)