Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bull Bar Ban

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
I would like to see someone come up with a logical sane reason as to why you need a massive polished alloy bullbar in the middle of Brisbane? Come on...we all know damn well that maybe 50% of bullbars in the whole country, and up to 90%+ in the cities, are fitted as a pure wank factor and to bully thier way through in traffic...they know no-one is going to challange right of way, and they use it.

Anyone with a motorbike will know what I mean...you see it every day, usually on shiny 4x4's with 20" chrome wheels and half a tonne of polished alloy hanging off the front...obviously the most dirt they see is when they're driven out on the footpath to be washed each week. They know no-one is going to argue if they run a give way sign, and make the most of it.

As for people who go bush, they know who they are, it is usually quite obvious who they are, and no-one says a word about them...it is the people who obviously fit them for the show-off factor which people don't like.

If they can make regulations governing other things around us, depending on genuine need to have it, they can do it with bullbars.
Why should what would have been a minor traffic bingle turn into a fatal just because some wanker wants to show off with the biggest bullbar he can purchase to bully his way through city traffic?

...and yes, I do have an axe to grind...a few years back one of my sister-in-laws ended up in hospital with a written off car after a tool in a Falcon ute ran a give way sign and t-boned her...it was fitted with a bullbar which was so oversized it looked like it belonged on the front of an F100 instead of an XE Falcon. No damage to his Falcon apart from pushing the bar back a bit, my sis-in-laws VH Commodore folded up like an accordian. Prick. Cars are designed with crumple zones for a reason, and I can only hope and pray that the next time a moron in the city with a massive bullbar has an accident, he finds out a few physics lessons in the transfer of energy directly through the stiff bullbar and chassis mount directly to his body instead of, as designed, through the energy-absorbing crumple zones as the factory intended. :ranting:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
dam ey, ill have to let the 20 or so ppl i know, know that.:)

You really need to stop using backyard yobbo's for work on vehicles...

HoldenGirl89

Reaction score
Members Ride
Smokey_Dj's Vn
I dont like bullbars either....my mum still has the bullbar print of where she was hit in the rear

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
i agree with wombat that there has to be some way of governing who can have them. i live in the bush and pisses me off when i go to the big smoke and see all these tools with bullbars on acting tough. don't they realise they are using more fuel with the extra weight and less aerodynamics. plus less handling ability. just to have more **** to polish on their days off. i think its just a case of little-man syndrome.

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
You really need to stop using backyard yobbo's for work on vehicles...

mate it's the country folk, what more needs to be said:p but no i would never let them touch my beast.

Stupa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Storm
Bulbars stop ANIMALS from damaging the front of your car. be it a roo, cow or small child

R Photon

I Like Bresciani Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Commodore
i agree with the comments about banning pedestrians...i had this dude blatantly walk out in front of me while i was driving at 60...luckily i had enough time to stop and then i blatantly gave him the finger and drove off...

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
don't you lot that are all for banning pedestrians ever park your cars and walk?

if you do you become pedestrians and should be banned using your logic