Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bull Bar Ban

VZ-Rob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZS-Ute06
....... "A bullbar in the bush is worth more than a pedestrian in the city" .......... :)
:thumbsup: Yep! there designed to eradicate stupid people off roads in cities :whistling

Dylan VT

Metal forever
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT commodore acclaim
A bullbar is something that the driver/owner of the car chooses to have on their car.
I think that instead of banning them on cars, they should spend money on increasing pedestrian awareness. If they ban bullbars on cars, there are still going to be pedestrians that get hit by cars anyway, so why not try to just eradicate the whole issue by trying to make people more aware of cars on the road. :thumbsup:

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
i think ridiculously oversized bullbars on cars should be banned

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
I'm leaning towards banning stupid pedestrians moreso than banning bullbars.

If people can't think for themselves (How hard is it to see a car coming?) then they probably deserve to get hit...

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
If they didnt make cars so damn quiet these days you wouldnt need a bullbar. Loud pipes save lives.
I remember a few years ago smacking a cow in my bullbar equipped Patrol & I know if it wasnt there I would of been stuck in the middle of nowhere for quite a while.
However in the city I believe bullbars are on there for the wank factor & nothing else. If you dont need it, dont have it.
As for spending money on awareness for pedestrians, what a crock. You are taught from the time you can walk to look both ways at the road. If it hasnt sunk in by the time you are in high school it never will.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
As basciially all my family comes from out west i know where your comming from, you bloody NEED them out there, anyone here ever hit a roo (not a wallaby) in a commo? instant right off! hit a roo in a hilux with a decent bullbar - roo gets totaled and you drive off merrily:thumbsup:

honestly what does it matter in the city if you got a bullbar or not? if you run out onto the road and get hit it's your own bloody fault! no matter how much damage it's going to do to you, you still shouldn't of run out onto the bloody road no excuses your the only one who puts the foot forward. its just like saying they can't have vans and some 4x4 (couriers) in the city cuz they will do more damage then an excel it's bloody stupid.:ranting:

bullbars should not be banned if people are stupid enough to step infront of a car they get what they deserve.

why the hell protect the stupid? there not going to do anything good for society or make the world a better place, stuff em:ranting: