Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

bump stop mounts 2000 vs ute

CL3TUS2000vsute

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 vs commodore s-pak ute
Gday all new here.
So I've purchased myself a 2000 vs ute 3.8 factory 5 speed very nice condition ect anyway,
It came lowered ssl all round problem is previous owner has removed bump stops im wanting to fit the new ones to suit but no mounting plates even on vehicle I've searched high and low.
Im hoping someone can give me sizes of hole the stop fits in as well as overall size and hole centre measurements as im a engineering sheetmetal fabricator and will just knock some up I know I can just get under and measure hole centres but id like the factory sizes so I can do it right as in sure there will be some type of lip that hold the rubber in place cheers

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Look at the diff...if it's stilll original diff ute you'll see flat plate on axle tube not far from backing plates.

Look at plate then look straight up at chassis rail...there will be plate there with 3 bolt holes.

Normally you undo 13mm(?) bolts to take bumpstop off...pop rubber out & fit new shorter bumpstop the bolt it back to plate on chassis rail.

Easy to see with wheel off & most likely missing bolts & bracket bumpstop sits in.

Rather than remove completely previous owner would have been better off cutting bumpstop in half untill replacing it with new shorter version.