Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bump stops

ranga101

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT exec.
I'm assuming the red rubber bits on the rear axle are the bump stops. so my ute is sitting on them at the moment, does that mean that it has been lowered, coz the previous owner said he hadnt modified it in any way.

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
bump stops in a ute aint norm red? send a pic
I'm assuming the red rubber bits on the rear axle are the bump stops. so my ute is sitting on them at the moment, does that mean that it has been lowered, coz the previous owner said he hadnt modified it in any way.

ranga101

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT exec.
Could they be new ones? coz the springs are also red and dont look worn and dirty the rest of the underside?

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Need a picture. Are you sure you're looking at the bump stops and not nolothane bushes or ProBag inserts?

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
springs are pedders may be you have a set of pedders rear bump stops as well that would explain them being red
Could they be new ones? coz the springs are also red and dont look worn and dirty the rest of the underside?

dosnt mean its been lowered (the guy you got it off may have sent it to pedders at 1 point) it could be lowered( can you get the part no off the little tag that norm sits on the spring? if you get a part no from the springs(look it up on google AND THAT SHOULD LET YOU KNOW IF ITS BEEN LOWERED ONTO PEDDERS SPRINGS) cheeers

ranga101

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT exec.
Sweet thanks man ill have a look tomorrow and find out, also if there is no tags is there any way to tell if its lower?

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
you could measure from the centre of the hub of the wheel to the top of the wheelarch with a tape measure.. i will measure mine (has kings lows in it) and we can compare.

the utes sit pretty high standard.

ranga101

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT exec.
yeah there like a 4wd standard am its almost tucking the 17's unloaded so im pretty sure it is lowered, though it is and s-pack, do they have lower springs as standard?

Vee-ard

QuickVR95II 2010 Survivor
Reaction score
Members Ride
Foam Tuned VR 5.0l Ute
are you tucking the rims or the tyres? cause you can change rim size but not tyre size really. If you tuck the RIMS then i say its lowered.

jokerflingo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VY SS 2003 - 6 Speed Manual
are you tucking the rims or the tyres? cause you can change rim size but not tyre size really. If you tuck the RIMS then i say its lowered.

If hes tucking tyre it would be lowered too.