Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bump Strip Troubles ;(

Timzo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Ok well i made an attempt on taking my bump strips off the side of my car, wasnt very successfull either. first i left it in the sun for a couple of hours, this diddnt help too much, so i pulled out the heavy dudy hair dryer, this got most of the glue off easy, except there is this black stuff that just WONT budge. i nuked it for ages, but it seems it has taken a liking to my car. and wont let go, or even get soft for that matter. my attempt took me half an hour, attatched is a picture of what i got up to, and an arrow pointing to the part that wont come off :( what else can i do! it wont come off!

Timzo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Anyone? help?

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
i have used PPG Prepsol in the past to take off pinstripe glue and other stuff like that.
its the stuff panel beaters use but can be found at a normal autoshop.

give that a shot.
i think a tin is worth around $15.
depends where you buy but make sure its PPG and not some other wannabe brand.

good luck with it

S

steve_o_85

i got the same problem on my car my mate from a panel beater told me to use that Prepsol so i think thats your best shot, i tryed some brake fluid it works but i wouldnt recommend it as is can strip you paint