Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bumped the ignition key and my VF died?

veessv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS, VE SSV
You should prob try and move the steering wheel back towards you or move the seat furture back id be trying all different seating positions and testing so you dont hit the key coz that doesnt sound like a safe thing to do

6LVFSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS
I have a VF SS Storm and the first thing I thought was that the key is in a **** position.I keep knocking mine when driving,but I've never switched it to accesories.

Big-Mitch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF International Sportwagon
You should prob try and move the steering wheel back towards you or move the seat furture back id be trying all different seating positions and testing so you dont hit the key coz that doesnt sound like a safe thing to do

at 2m tall (all arms and legs) there are very few seating positions that are comfortable and have my knee away from the key area. even with the wheel at full height and reach i still am close to the key.

I have tried to 'replicate' the incident but i have not been able to do so. Maybe it was a one off or the lotto win of bumps which turned the key?

cashie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V
Can't say if I did or not but it would have been a strange sort of contact to twist the key from on to accessories though?

I can only think you must have, I thought the key was in a better position to the VE, ie it points more towards the driver and away from the door.