Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bumped VS - FL wheel.

Otis

SS21WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5L
Hey guys,

Had a bump the other day and now my front left wheel is sitting a little further back than it shud be.

Now i know for sure my bearing has been damaged as theres a slight clicking when i took it down the the works yard to store it. Im not that dumb to keep driving it around, it's stored in the works yard at the min.

i've been told its possible that i could've bent my "Zed bar", if that makes sense? i've looked in my manual and cant find any mention of a zed bar.

Ive got a friend who works for pedders who im takin it too on saturday morning, hopefully they can shed some light on it. i've got soem pictures on my phone which ill upload tonight. so u'll have to deal with my crappy explaining for a few hours before see'ing pics lol.

cheers,
Jordan.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Try radius rod.

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
My guess is the radius rod and lower control arm has been bent slightly. Examine it carefully because it may have also started to twist the k-frame. Probably have also damaged the top strut bearing.

Chris E

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Executive 3.8
The "Zed" bar you were told about is the radius rod or "Z" bar because its shaped like a Z.

K frame could also be bent where the radius rod bolts into it.