Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bumper brackets when lowered

turbodragon

Reaction score
Members Ride
470rwkw Twin Turbo VE SS-V
Hey,

Waiting on my new wheels for my VE SSV and was wondering how people went about modifying their bumper brackets? My car is on airbags all round and have heard people say they eneded to modify their bumper brackets (both front and rear) when they lowered their cars (even on king springs).

Did you have to make new brackets or just modify the existing ones? Was the modifiying method the same for both front and rear brackets?

Cheers.

turbodragon

Reaction score
Members Ride
Bumper Bracket Modification
There is a very good post here that explains how it is done (with pictures).

Here........... Tires rubbing bumper bracket? Relocate it! - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

Thanks mate, that's perfect.

Ive also noticed that not everyone does this.

My wheels sit flush with king SSSL springs n ive never hit the bracket, even when it's bottomed out

Yeah, I've noticed that. Might ahve something to do with tyre selection or something. Just thought I'd do it before my new wheels arrive.

Managed to get the following cos I remember you were helping me in my previous thread.

20x8.5 +35 (front)
20x10 +40 (rear)

turbodragon

Reaction score
Members Ride
They will fit great. You have to post a pic once they on mate :)

Thanks mate, will do! They were a custom offset so spent alot of time measuring and researching.

Thanks for the advice too, seems kinda crazy now for me to even consdier the +22 I originally had in mind haha

brasher

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
it's all to do with the tyre, But if you are on a 265 in the ass end you will be fine. I just did mine because I like to tinker, 90% of the time just dremelling down the tab is enough clearance.

turbodragon

Reaction score
Members Ride
it's all to do with the tyre, But if you are on a 265 in the ass end you will be fine. I just did mine because I like to tinker, 90% of the time just dremelling down the tab is enough clearance.

Too easy, I was thinking 255s or even 245s on the rear 10s, and possibly 215s on the front 8.5s. Thoughts?

Braiden Cheers

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 Ve SS Sedan/2009 Ve Sv6 Ute
I have a ve ss sedan and am going to do that bumper bracket mod! im going to be running a 20x10 with a 255 tyre with the guard sitting about an inch upwards from the rim (talking about ride height) do they think they will rub at that height??