Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bumper Strips On Doors

CSD

Reaction score
I want to take off the bumper strips on the doors of my vr.
I pulled one off yesterday and they are stuck on with clumps of black rubbery glue.
Does anyone know how to get this glue off without damaging the paint?
Thanks

CSD

Reaction score
I removed the badges on my car by just pulling them off. Most of the double sided tape came off with the badge. The rest I got off with a citrus based solvent which cleaned the rest of the tape off. The product I used is called citrasolve.

R

Robbie

if that doesn't work our local guy, pretty big, "Altapac" suggested getting a "Caramel Wheel". They're about $12 and they go on the end of a drill bit. and you just use it to sand/rub the glue back. bneed to be very careful with it. You can burn the paint so go slow.

This is the information I was given when asking the same thing for a VT. I haven't tried it but they swear by it. or they will charge $50 a door to do it for u

I hope this helps,

Robbie

D

death-from-above

I found the best way was to get a bit of fishing line and pull it through the sticky tape and then just finish with a bit of water and soap. After that i usually give the area a polish just to remove and signs of sun damage or fading.
good luck

R

Robbie

hey guys,

are the VS trims srtuck on with the same stuff as the VT?

cheers,
robbie