Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Burk3z new 2013 ve ss z series ute

BURK3Z

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS Z Series Ute
Pictures look good mate very clean.

Do you have a first mod lined up for it? :)

First mod I am thinking of getting a Hard Lid, be good to lock up tools and not to mention it will give the exterior that finished look.

Also looking at performance mods eg. exhaust, intake & tune but since it will be under factory warranty I am unsure as to how far I can go.

I have looked into it a bit and the Walkinshaw Power Pack looks good and is covered by warranty but does have a hefty price tag, anyone have this package and could share their opinions?
Also looked at all diff exhausts... XForce looks alright, good value for price but if I do not end up getting the Walkinshaw power pack I would most likely look at a Twin 2.5" KPM or Di Fillipo exhaust as they sound mint as.

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
Everyone that had vz utes when i had mine now have ve ss utes, its so unfair haha :( 4 months and counting till i can get mine haha :)

BURK3Z

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS Z Series Ute
Everyone that had vz utes when i had mine now have ve ss utes, its so unfair haha :( 4 months and counting till i can get mine haha :)

Haha yeah that must suck mate, good things come to those who wait though, least will give you a bit of time to save some cash and what not. You will not be disappointed with the VE 6L if you do choose to go down that road.

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
Yeah going a 2012 ss Thunder haha, sorting stuff out today :)

BURK3Z

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS Z Series Ute
UPDATE:

Been a long time between posts but when flat out with work, which hasn't been the worst thing as it has given me time to save for a few things.

With some spare time today I bought myself a 2.5" XForce Mild Steel Catback... It has only been on for a few hours but it sounds pretty good despite all the XForce bashing I have heard from many ppl. Although it is an auto I have noticed no real drone and when you sink the boot into it the sound comes alive, really impressed with it and did not have to spend an arm and a leg on it too.

Also had a tyre go flat last week so need to get a new tyre which aint cheap lol but it has got to be done, so on the stockie for the time being :).

Other than that not much has really changed, planning to get a hard lid soon, got a Twin Hump Hard Lid priced up by Holden for $2800 installed. I know there are plenty of aftermarket places like HSP (which is where I got the old hard lid from on my VZ) but I really like the chunky hard lid that Holden does and I rekon they look real tough.

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r512/BURK3Z/IMG_0911.jpg

Stock Exhaust Before
http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r512/BURK3Z/IMG_0912.jpg

Exhaust After
http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r512/BURK3Z/IMG_0954.jpg
http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r512/BURK3Z/IMG_0955.jpg

BigBCalais

Now with 0% more money!
Reaction score
Members Ride
A Liberty :P
I thought I was looking at the dirt on the back lol

nice exhaust btw
how does it sound?
2.5 inch?

BURK3Z

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS Z Series Ute
I thought I was looking at the dirt on the back lol

nice exhaust btw
how does it sound?
2.5 inch?

Haha yeah it needs a bit of a tub.

Yeah I think its sounds grouse, and it's good because there doesn't seem to be much sound getting into the cabin but yet has a good nice note to it, and yes it's a Twin 2.5 inch.

I had my tyre replaced today and when the bloke at the tyre shop started the car and drove past the sound from the outside sounded great, and I found out that being in the car while the exhaust is going doesn't quite do it justice and it is a lot louder on the outside which is kinda good. Would definitely recommend the XForce, especially if you do not want to spend top dollar for a KPM or Di Fillipo but just want that extra kick in sound, actually sounds like a V8 now :)

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Any progress on this lately mate?

BURK3Z

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS Z Series Ute
Any progress on this lately mate?

Hey mate,

Yeah unfortunately not much progress, it's that time of the year when not too much happens money wise due to Xmas, long weekends andi got heaps of bdays in November so other then the cat back haven't done much.

Still looking at a hard lid but will look at that more into the new yr and hopefully if funds permit will do a full performance system of some sort down the track next yr hopefully.

You done much to your rig lately?