Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

burn my bridges?

dirt drifter

white trash hillbillie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5L M6 VS 6L M6
try and leave there on good terms first i reckon, like u say u have known them for ages. try handing in your notice and see what they do.

if they then try everything to make life miserable for ya then u might just have to quit on the spot, but i would try and refrain from giving them a big mouthful on your way out if u can restrain yourself

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
Id tell them like this "My old man has given me the opportunity to drive for him, so im giving my 2 weeks"

something like that anyway.......

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
didn't you see that episode of how i met your mother?

but seriously.. you can quit, just not tell him to get rooted (thats putting it nice by the sounds of things) or it'll come and bite you in the ass down the track, and for future references he can just talk **** about you, so you cant get another job. i think you should get the truck licence then quit.

ssv 08 ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss-v 2008 ute
lolo,,,, he does look like a $%#^& but if you need to spend an hour on the toilet im not surprised hes cheezed...
May want to change your diet or see a doctor

As for the lunch thing....you get 30 mins like i do...like me you choose to run around the corner for food etc
I dont expect my boss to pay me for time off when we both know im suppost to be working.
Bring lunch to work ..

Adding the minutes up here and there...all adds up and at the end of the year amounts to a tidy sum.
Im no angel...hehehe but i think you have to realistic....its what we all get paid to do.

It may be as much as a full days pay or more in total..
Would you work a day for nothing>>>no way
So i think its only fair i try and keep the start-finish times etc on track.

Last edited:

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
hes havin a bat duh :p :p :p

Aussiecv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro & VE SV6
Mate, as you can probably tell from reading some of the other comments, there will always problems in a work place and there will always be self important people. So chalk it up to experience, smile, thank them and move on.

OR You tell em to go get f*&( or whatever else you want, you feel better for a bit, you tell your mates about it vs they cause you a lot of grief with references in the future. Not sure that sounds like a good deal to me.

One thing you need to be sure about is never just talk about it, you need to think these things throu, make your decision and do whatever you decide, otherwise you just lose credibility. Anyway hope it all works out for ya.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
some of the things they’ve said to us.
- we shouldnt be in the toilet so long
if it takes me an hour to push out a nugget the size of my finger nail, im'a take that hour. cause shittin is in the top 3 things i like to do. 15 minutes should be enough, otherwise start taking fibre or something

- i shouldnt be talking to matt (other employee i work with)
hes the only other guy i work with. the way they made it sound, it was like i slashed a disabled persons tyres on his wheel chair. from a 2-5 min convo about what he got up to on the w.e Can't see a problem as long as your still working

- you should go to toilet on ur lunch break, eat on ur lunch break, make any personal phone calls on ur lunch break and do any personal things on ur lunch break. Thats pretty normal, I'm not allowed to do any of these while I'm working

im going to let chris rock do this one:
A half-hour lunch break? By the time you put on your jacket, walk around the corner, go to the sandwich spot, order a sandwich, wait for them to make it, then get on another line to pay for it, 28 minutes have passed. Now you rushing back to work, you're eating your sandwich, you're spilling beer down your shirt. And when you get in, your boss got the nerve to go, 'hey, man, you're eight
minutes' F**K YOU! 'do you realize even criminals in jail get a hour lunch break?' I only get 30 minutes, and if the kitchen is closed that means driving down to the nearest food shop and picking something up. Usually that means driving, ordering, eating quickly, driving back, hanging a quick piss and my 30 minutes is gone.

-we should be at work 15 mins early
I get asked why im 2 mins late back from lunch but they expect me to start 15 mins early? You should be at work dead on your clock-on time, not later, but not earlier if you don't want too

Even thought they are the boss, i feel double standards. Like they recently got a guy in and blocked all the websites we’d been on. For some it was facebook, youtube etc. i had hotmail running while i worked, it didn’t effect me having it on. I always had my work done on time, and only looked when i had a free min or two. So to block it really pissed me off. but i lost my **** when i walk past the bosses office and the fkn bitch is on skype and facebook. Unfortunately thats life, but probably shouldn't be on any of those sites anyway.

matt kissed one of the girls on the head, It was joke. She saw it and called him into her office, and told him off and gave him the sexual harassment speech even though the girl he did it too loved it and was fine with it. But its ok for her husband to write a text to her saying ‘you’ve been putting things in your mouth you shouldn’t be :)’ after she had tonsillitis. Tell this women to #### of unless the girl wants to file an actual complaint, which by the sounds of it won't happen.

But this took the fkn cake for me. My boss is heavy set guy, i walk into the office and everyone is around him layin on the ground. Im like whats the go here? Boss ‘YOUR LATE!’ like is this c**t serious WTF? im early? Me and a delivery driver sit him up, and he goes ‘I WAS DOING UR JOB! AND ROLLED MY ANKLE’ im like ye watever. this is the 3rd time ive seen him fall over at work, hes blames everyone/thing other than the fact that hes that heavy his ankles collapse from under him. Fat bastard can jam it, if his ass is to big to allow him to walk than he can jam his attitude where the sun don't shine. I never laughed harder (afterwards) than when my old asshole boss walked into the cold room and slipped.

Theres been alot of other things but im not going to list.

Honestly I would be going up handing in my 2 weeks and tell him whats on your mind, not aggressively, but make sure he understands.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
I had a similar issue working for Family.

My uncle had me inside a orchard sprayer on a 40degree day, had me remove a road ranger gearbox from a kenworth with a forklift which slipped and smashed my hand.
I nearly lost my little finger but still was at work the next day, during which he was complaining that I was working to slow (with a fuggin broken hand).

I ended up telling him to go root a boot, and he couldnt understand why.

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
if youve got reasonable job prospects then i say burn away.

i didnt have good prospects when i "burned my bridges" so to speak, 9 months unemployed(my own stupid fault)