Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

burn my bridges?

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
so heres the scenario. like many other employees, im over worked, under paid and under appreciated. but im not the only one in my work place that feels that way. so instead of hanging around any longer, im going to get my heavy truck licences and start driving for my old man. ive always been the type to speak my mind. problem is ive known the owners since i was a young kid, and i speak to them the same way i talk to my parents. but they treat me like they've got people lined up down the street handing in resumes.

alot of people have come and gone at this job simply cause no one can tolerate the bosses bullshit. but no one has told them anything, theyve either just quit through phone calls, msgs, or just didnt come back to work. but i dont want to go out that way, i want to give my 2 weeks notice through a letter pretty much telling them to go f**k themselves. But in dot form.

What i want to know is people opinion on doing this. Everyone says to leave on good terms, because my existing boss may turn up again in my future, either directly or indirectly, and maybe asked their opinion of you.

Last edited:

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Thats a tough one champ , If you feel like your getting treated like crap , then you shouldn't be there . Your work place should feel like a place that you can come in and do your work and go home at the end of the day and feel satisfied that you have contributed. And if they cant see that your doing your job and not harming anything/anyone or your work load , they should go and eat a can of get f@#ked. They shouldn't be punishing people by taking away hotmail, facebook etc if your doing your work , like treat it as a reward. And that the rules should be for all, not the boss going on sites and that , that the others cant. Ive been in a similar situation before . Worked hard did all the **** for them , then they treat me back **** , telling me off for txting when they are txting non stop all day long about **** .

on anther note make sure you leave on good terms (even if they treat you like ****) Because it might bite you on the arse on day. You can always get them back some other way . eg spam there hotmails , facebook or DDos attack there websites and severs lol

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
some of the things they’ve said to us.
- we shouldnt be in the toilet so long
if it takes me an hour to push out a nugget the size of my finger nail, im'a take that hour. cause shittin is in the top 3 things i like to do.

- i shouldnt be talking to matt (other employee i work with)
hes the only other guy i work with. the way they made it sound, it was like i slashed a disabled persons tyres on his wheel chair. from a 2-5 min convo about what he got up to on the w.e

- you should go to toilet on ur lunch break, eat on ur lunch break, make any personal phone calls on ur lunch break and do any personal things on ur lunch break.

im going to let chris rock do this one:
A half-hour lunch break? By the time you put on your jacket, walk around the corner, go to the sandwich spot, order a sandwich, wait for them to make it, then get on another line to pay for it, 28 minutes have passed. Now you rushing back to work, you're eating your sandwich, you're spilling beer down your shirt. And when you get in, your boss got the nerve to go, 'hey, man, you're eight
minutes' F**K YOU! 'do you realize even criminals in jail get a hour lunch break?'

-we should be at work 15 mins early
I get asked why im 2 mins late back from lunch but they expect me to start 15 mins early?

Even thought they are the boss, i feel double standards. Like they recently got a guy in and blocked all the websites we’d been on. For some it was facebook, youtube etc. i had hotmail running while i worked, it didn’t effect me having it on. I always had my work done on time, and only looked when i had a free min or two. So to block it really pissed me off. but i lost my **** when i walk past the bosses office and the fkn bitch is on skype and facebook.

matt kissed one of the girls on the head, It was joke. She saw it and called him into her office, and told him off and gave him the sexual harassment speech even though the girl he did it too loved it and was fine with it. But its ok for her husband to write a text to her saying ‘you’ve been putting things in your mouth you shouldn’t be :)’ after she had tonsillitis.

But this took the fkn cake for me. My boss is heavy set guy, i walk into the office and everyone is around him layin on the ground. Im like whats the go here? Boss ‘YOUR LATE!’ like is this c**t serious WTF? im early? Me and a delivery driver sit him up, and he goes ‘I WAS DOING UR JOB! AND ROLLED MY ANKLE’ im like ye watever. this is the 3rd time ive seen him fall over at work, hes blames everyone/thing other than the fact that hes that heavy his ankles collapse from under him.

Theres been alot of other things but im not going to list.

S.T.K.E

Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 D22 Navara Dual Cab 4x4
I found my self in pretty much the exact same situation as what you are in. I know exactly what the temptation is like to give them a piece of you mind. But the bigger man walks away.
But my little stab in the back was that i left that job and got a higher up position for a competitor who welcomed me with open arms.

Just remember as well if you start to apply for other positions that they will get asking for a character reference. Last thing that you want to previous employee tell a prospective employer that they were told to go #### themselves on your last day

Cúl-Báire

Reaction score
Members Ride
AUII XR8 Ute & BAII XR6
I'm all for NOT burning bridges but in some situations there is just no way around it...

Take a previous employer of mine, decided to tell me to pack my bags just weeks after having our first baby, and the same week we were moving closer to work to make life a little easier. Apprently I wasn't giving the 140% I could have since the birth of the little one (understandably IMO), and there was little work in the pipeline. So I sucked it up, thanked them for the opertunity they gave me, blah, blah...

A week and a bit after going back to return the office key I had forgoten about and my old employer desides to have a crack at me, telling me I missed this, and that, and the project was ####ed (the project was well ####ed before I took it on, but still set to finish before Christmas a month and a half before its contract completion date)... Never mind that they hadn't looked where I had told them to look, I politely told him it wasn't my problem any more, to #### right off and have his underpaid, over worked cadets take care of it (non of which had nearly enough experinced to get that involved).

Not an ideal situation, but alteast I walked out of there with my head held high!.. Try the letter first, if that fails then tell them to get ####ed!

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
i give a 110% at my work place, and even do other peoples work if i dont see it done, because its just going to come back on me. my old boss told me somethin that stuck with me, expect only 80% from your employees and you'll have the best expectations, and work enviroment. and honestly the career of truck drivin is a tottally different ball game to what im doing, so anythin i say to them wont affect the next job. and my old man thinks my job is a joke, after the stories ive told him.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Tell them the truth.

Telling the truth never ends up bad for you. You can never feel bad for it. If they cannot handle it, who gives a crap?

chooky1980

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
vh sl/e,vk berlina
Tell them the truth.

Telling the truth never ends up bad for you. You can never feel bad for it. If they cannot handle it, who gives a crap?

I agree.
if you're gunna go work for your old man just tell them how it is and walk away (plus i'd be giving them a few choice words)

Cúl-Báire

Reaction score
Members Ride
AUII XR8 Ute & BAII XR6
But my little stab in the back was that i left that job and got a higher up position for a competitor who welcomed me with open arms.

Same same, within a day I had 4 interviews with competitors with two offers 12k per annum higher than what I was on and both companies a little more "family orentated"... All win IMO!