Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Burned discs not working in my 2002 VU stock stereo

Morsey_03

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU S v6
Sick of listening to the radio so i tried to burn my music onto some discs and the stereo just reads the disc for a few seconds then the display reads E-4
I have tried some things i read online but i think the stereo has just had it.
Burning my music from I-Tunes from a 2009 macbook in Audio CD with Verbatim CD-Rs with 700mb and 52x burn speed.
Have tried multiple speeds 2x, 4x, 12x, 20x, and maximum speed on new CD's each time and all show the same error message
Have tried to burn CD's with less then an hour worth of songs
Stereo works fine with normal CD's and albums just like to see if anyone knows whats going on,
Cheers

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
It’s because a signal has been transmitted via the antenna that a counterfeit CD has been played. This mobilises the deep state to start monitoring your activities and jambs the playing of illegal music. Try a older Taylor Swift album or listen to more Rick Astley to throw them off the signal.

Whiteshark68

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series II
I think your problem just might be caused by i-tunes. i-tunes usually uses aac format and if i remember correctly not a lot of players recognize that format.
i have always burnt all my cd's using mp3 files and they have worked on each of the cars i've owned with a cd player.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Yep, old CD players can be very fussy with the audio CDs they will play.

The older players can’t recognise data discs which newer players can recognise. So with older players, file systems and file types are irrelevant and can’t be processed. These old players simply expect uncompressed 44k PCM in a continuous stream with some meta data to identified start and end of each song on a disc, Audio CD standard is different to Data CD standard which newer players can decode... Heck some newer players will read BD’s full of MP3’s... but such have become somewhat obsolete with USB memory sticks...

So check iTunes and see if there is a setting for burning in Audio CD standard/format that also finalises the CD. The individual .aacs files will be transcoded/converted to WAV format and merged together to be burnt as one long track with some meta data that your old CD player can likely read...

If that doesn’t work, try some other software that burns audio CDs ;)

Last edited:

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
The Stock Eurovox GM CD players do not play MP3's,
Possibly MP3's and other formats were not a std format when the units were being manufactured, so they probably never took that in to account/consideration that it will be the new normal music format.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
The Stock Eurovox GM CD players do not play MP3's,
Possibly MP3's and other formats were not a std format when the units were being manufactured, so they probably never took that in to account/consideration that it will be the new normal music format.

That's a really good point. Pretty sure iTunes only burns in MP3

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
If I remmeber correctly,
Cassette Players were out,
And that around was the time iPods had just hit the scene,
and every one was walking around with white wired ear plugs.