Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

burning avi's

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
hey guys, im trying to burn a whole heap of AVI, MPEG, MOV files to a CD so it can be played in a clarion DVD player in a car. Any ideas?
All up I have just over a gig of videos - theyre all video clips of songs by the way

BOGANV8

I gotta V8 whoot whoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 02 SS LS1
I use dvd flick to do it so i can play them in my car...

cdtoaster

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
have you looked at your manual what fileformats it supports?

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
well.. I tried dvd flick, took over 3 hours to encode 18 video's, when done I tried the DVD out this morning and the Video's work fine, but the sound is the same when u get no reception on TV that pffff sound...

cdtoaster

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
yeh, if it doesnt play straight avi files or dvds id use nero to make a SVCD or a VCD and encode it in pal. you said in the OP CDs then later on you said DVD, does it play dvds or not?

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Yeah, my dvd rom is cactus on the laptop mate, Nero doesn't like burning DVD's f any nature, data or movie, so CD is prefereble. I used dvd flick and it seemed to burn to DVD using that software. When I goto drop the AVI's in nero, it can't encode them or something

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
I had heaps of probs with nero, it would take something like 12 friggin hours to burn a dvd and then sometimes it didn't work, I downloaded a free prog called imgburn, works great, only takes me a few minutes to burn and they all work fine.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I used to use Nero but I can't stand bloated fat cars or software or commercial anything so now I use a freeware program called infrarecorder, it's cool :). It gives me good karma