Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

burnout ute v6 into courier

H1GHROLLR

CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CLUBSPORT R8 LS1
so it would run alrite

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
it would run theres a few differences between vn-vr especiallly series 1 vn's but its nothing to hard to fix

H1GHROLLR

CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CLUBSPORT R8 LS1
sweet mate what would have to be changed mate

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Well if its a series one youd need the cooling system setp off a series 1. As the run a pressurised overflow and a radiator with no cap. the thermostat and cooling sensor is at the back of the motor, so some wires may need rerouting.
Series 2 motor with thermostat at the front is going to be a lot easier

Main problem it vr run a cam sensor on the timing cover so you either need to swap engine looms(require some rewiring and retune for bcm) or swap timing cover to vr one or drill the hole in your timing cover for the sensor

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
if it was a vr manual easy as if auto it runs a different ecu and needs the vn loom and ecu fitted.and the vn auto trans.

H1GHROLLR

CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CLUBSPORT R8 LS1
im thinking im not going to build the v6 courier now just going to strip down a vp take all the weight out,4.11 gears with a spool,take off the back brakes get a tune off delcowizard and run some NOS through it its only a skid car

Sammyvprnrs

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs 97 ute
My vs 97 got burnt out the other month so i acquired a 88 courier my ldear is to strip it down and go with the dunny door loom the whole way through front to back and just mod the nessary switches.

I have done simulator with a 91 ute putting a vs series 2 into it prity much the same used a vs motor vn gear box (cut the auto pins off) and a vr shaft and an aculam wiring harness
I know the mounts and possibly the sump (camro?) To be altered thoughts appreciate