Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Burnouts with Airbag Suspension?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
ive got a mate that is top level in the burnouts and those cars have alot of work done to stop it catching on fire, having air bags in the wheel well area is just not a good idea imo for burnout comps, if ur just doing the odd skid here and there without popping the tyres should be fine

One of my rellies had problems with his Corty catching fire when doing his burnouts. Unfortunately he sold the car minus motor and box

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
One of my rellies had problems with his Corty catching fire when doing his burnouts. Unfortunately he sold the car minus motor and box
they have definitely cleaned it up last couple years use to be so many catching fire, good old meth n short exhausts dont end well for rear bumpers

Baldoldfart

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
How can you call burnouts a sport? Spose it's much the same as those sound system competitions, bogans doen stuff. :D
Burnout comps are similar to fringe sports like synconised swimming, just without the skill, talent or intellectual capacity to do anything else that requires an ounce of expertise. Don't get me wrong, I'm not being derogatory if all you can do is skids then I'm sure your folks would be proud of you. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
they have definitely cleaned it up last couple years use to be so many catching fire, good old meth n short exhausts dont end well for rear bumpers

A lot of the fires are either from the tyres spinning extremely quick, or blow ups.

If anything, rear tyre fires are more frequent these days, especially amongst the top guys...Mainly the blown motor brigade. If anything, they have relaxed the rules relating to tyre related fires....Once upon a time, the first sign of fire from them, they were stopped....Now they are let go longer.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
How can you call burnouts a sport? Spose it's much the same as those sound system competitions, bogans doen stuff. :D
Burnout comps are similar to fringe sports like synconised swimming, just without the skill, talent or intellectual capacity to do anything else that requires an ounce of expertise. Don't get me wrong, I'm not being derogatory if all you can do is skids then I'm sure your folks would be proud of you. :rolleyes:

That's your opinion, which you are entitled to....From my prospective, I see it as getting people off the street to do it....I have also seen where it has gotten dole bludgers off their asses and not doing drugs, or knocking peoples stuff off and actually gained employment.

So yes, it maybe bogan like, but if it prevents some low life knocking stuff off, doing drugs and actually do something constructive with their lives, so be it.

My niece actually sells stickers and T-shirts at burnout competitions, and puts the majority of her profits back into helping handicapped kids....The buyers are fully aware of why she is doing it....So you be the judge, whether they are using their intelligence, or whether they are bogans

Is there skill involved?....You have to learn how to throw a car around on a pad, without hitting things.....Some of the top fellas are actually doing close to 100 KPH, wheels smoking, when they throw it around and not hit a wall, or a tyre bundle....You be the judge

Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Collie is a couple of hours south of Perth, east of Bunbury.

Are the 2 tracks mentioned, close to each other, or a little distance? Sorry for the dumb question, but I've never been to W.A, so I have no idea.....I'm only aware of Collie, because one of my rellies went over there and competed in UBC a couple of years back