Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Burnouts with Airbag Suspension?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Personally I’d hate to live near a skids pad being asthmatic. Though at night I often feel like I do as I hear the louts doing their thing on our local roads between 23:00 and 02:00 (most Fridays and weekends) :oops:

As such, it’d probably be a good idea to either have a pad and get these idiots off the roads or build a few more cells to house them :rolleyes: For most, the former is probably better than the later ;) but not for all as some are beyond redemption :eek:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Someone wanted to set up a skid pad at our local business park, one that was way out from anywhere but the council created to much red tape so the only option left is the local streets. Sometimes politicians need to take a good hard look in the mirror as I'm sure they weren't all angels when they were teenagers!

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Personally I’d hate to live near a skids pad

While Kwinana has some residential, Kwinana Beach contains a large industrial area which includes a commercial port, fertiliser manufactures, a nickel refinery, fuel terminals, oil refinery, gas production....and a water recycling plant :confused:

A motorsport complex is probably the least of their concerns.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Personally I’d hate to live near a skids pad being asthmatic. Though at night I often feel like I do as I hear the louts doing their thing on our local roads between 23:00 and 02:00 (most Fridays and weekends) :oops:

As such, it’d probably be a good idea to either have a pad and get these idiots off the roads or build a few more cells to house them :rolleyes: For most, the former is probably better than the later ;) but not for all as some are beyond redemption :eek:

Whilst I can't comment on interstate pads, a lot of pads in S.A are out of the way of residential areas....

The only one close to a residential area that I'm aware of, is right next to a drag strip and within the grounds of a speedway track....Both those venues have been there for years, so if people complain, they need to do their research first.....(Last comment isn't aimed at you either)

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
so if people complain, they need to do their research first

Claremont speedway was closed because all the yuppies moved in and complained about it despite the fact that it had been there ~100 years.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Same with the speedway in West Auckland, it's set to close next year, even though it was there before all the houses. Plan is to turn it into a cricket ground (what a waste).

Daniel Souza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Wagon SSV Redline
That's your opinion, which you are entitled to....From my prospective, I see it as getting people off the street to do it....I have also seen where it has gotten dole bludgers off their asses and not doing drugs, or knocking peoples stuff off and actually gained employment.

So yes, it maybe bogan like, but if it prevents some low life knocking stuff off, doing drugs and actually do something constructive with their lives, so be it.

My niece actually sells stickers and T-shirts at burnout competitions, and puts the majority of her profits back into helping handicapped kids....The buyers are fully aware of why she is doing it....So you be the judge, whether they are using their intelligence, or whether they are bogans

Is there skill involved?....You have to learn how to throw a car around on a pad, without hitting things.....Some of the top fellas are actually doing close to 100 KPH, wheels smoking, when they throw it around and not hit a wall, or a tyre bundle....You be the judge

Here is s nice documentary to support what you mentioned

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Claremont speedway was closed because all the yuppies moved in and complained about it despite the fact that it had been there ~100 years.

And you could bet you're leftie, they'd be the first to complain about idiots around their area.....

Those types of people only think about themselves and don't think about the wider picture, which is sad.