Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

jasonh91

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv8
be patient cause im absolutely useless with auto electrics lol does anyone know what would cause most of my relays to burn out , engine relay, power windows relay , ignition relay , acc control relay , they look lightly burnt on top but no fuses are blown besides the cooling fan , I know it could be some sort of short but just wondering could it be possible dirt build up about 6 months travelling on dirt roads ? should I contact clean everything fuse holder etc and replace the relays and see what happens , and to be honest I never noticed it till I garaged the car car was showing no symptoms so im guessing there not entirely buggered? I bought it 2 years ago, and honestly im only worrying about it now cause ive stumbled across it , should I take it to auto elecys or what really on a last resort as ive already spent tonnes of $$ on it?
cars vz sv8

cheers guys
Jason

99notout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Equip Wagon
Relays will wear out, the contacts arc and then the resistance gets higher, they get hotter and it's a snowballing effect. Check all of your grounds, and just replace the relays if you want to. I wouldn't worry if I was you though.