Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Burnt Tail Lights

5.0L UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE S3 5.0
I've got after market altezza tail lights on my vs ute and the reverse and tail light sections have started to bubble and melt indicators fine. The bulbs are standard, now I can see how the tail lights could do it on a long drive but the reverse lights are never on more than a minute. Has any one else had this problem and are there bulbs that put out a lower heat.
(I would think that the d!*kheads would use a heat proof plastic)

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
Are they an ADR approved version? Might hold a bit more weight if they are in terms of getting some sort of refund or compensation. You can get lower wattage globes but you'll only end up with dim lights in screwed tail lights.
Not a fan what everyone seems to call Altezzas now but one would hope that even the fakest of fakes on the market wouldn't be so dangerously made that they are falling to bits like yours.

Tas_HSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV Clubsport
Put proper tailights back in.......problem fixed

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
got any pics ??

this_thread_is_useless_without_pics.gif

5.0L UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE S3 5.0
I've put originals back on but girlfriend bought so wanted to keep them on they look good to. they from auto barn so you'd think they would be adr approved

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
i got some lights as you on my ute man i didnt have that problem you did tho my right one wasnt sealed the left was and filled with water 3 times i got them replaced and they wernt sealed musta been a **** batch i ended up sealing them myself, id take them back if u can and get new ones, i got mine from autobarn too

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
I've put originals back on but girlfriend bought so wanted to keep them on they look good to. they from auto barn so you'd think they would be adr approved

Nope, just because you bought it from Autobarn, doesnt mean its approved, or legal etc...

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
That's the beauty of factory tail-lights. They are designed to take the heat of lamps, withstand our strong sunlight without fading, resist cracking over time. Chinese made auto accessories don't make sense.