Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Business ideas what business could i start up

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Need to make some more money as i only earn $445 a week. Don't need to make a killing just another $200 a week would help heaps. Just don't know what to do.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
What do you like doing ?

What are you good at doing ?

What is there a need for in the market that ticks the above boxes ?

fxxxrr

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL statesman FX holden EH holden
If you are in brissy come work for me and i will pay you 200 bucks a week lol

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Recently took redundency from building warships, home maintenance is easy and goodcoin, not mowing Jimsgot that but painting pergolas changing washers

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Didn't you mention once that you had a pit at your place ?
How about doing minor servicing, just oil & filter changes and a basic check over on the vehicle.
You could end up with some extra work replacing simple stuff like engine belts, light globes and what not.

If you're just looking for a bit of extra cash in hand this might be alright for you.
But if you're looking at becoming a legitimate registered business it will be a whole different story though, then you have to have an ABN number, setup a business banking account and also some form of insurance for your own protection and probably other things I've forgotten....These aren't hard to get but just something to keep in mind.
Good Luck with whatever you choose to do though mate :)

Last edited:

Lacksballs

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Members Ride
VK Group C Replica, 1995 VR Sedan
We have a couple of rental properties & have the places commercial cleaned at the end of each tenancy & use to get the shits with the way the ovens were left. So I had them professional cleaned & they come up like new. A couple of hours to do each one, 3 ovens a day on average & he works 4 days a week. If he needs a bit extra cash he will do a couple on a Saturday @ a premium. He clears $800.00 a week after expenses & franchise costs (I'm taking his word for this). He's part of a franchise system, the good thing is NO ONE likes to clean their ovens!

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
We have a couple of rental properties & have the places commercial cleaned at the end of each tenancy & use to get the shits with the way the ovens were left. So I had them professional cleaned & they come up like new. A couple of hours to do each one, 3 ovens a day on average & he works 4 days a week. If he needs a bit extra cash he will do a couple on a Saturday @ a premium. He clears $800.00 a week after expenses & franchise costs (I'm taking his word for this). He's part of a franchise system, the good thing is NO ONE likes to clean their ovens!
that's a great business idea. You don't need much gear to get you started. And the advantage of not having to secure valuable equipment. Which makes it hard to get back into maintenance like i did on the mainland, where my shed was in the same house i lived in. Definitely like this idea. At the moment my shed is 2 hrs away from where I stay most of the week.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Was thinking today that i could get into sandblasting small items or anything i can carry in the ute. I have the blaster and compressor. I really need to upgrade the pump which is an outlay of about $400. Although the compressor I have works ok it's just a tad slow because of waiting for the pump to build up pressure every five minutes.

Mike Litherous

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ssv
Business idea or hobby.

Maybe if u have the time buy late model wrecked cars and dismantle them and sell off the good bits and scrap the rest.

Perhaps at $440 per week u are in the wrong job. Even labour hire in Melbourne on construction sites will earn well over $300/day. Often on the right site over $400 with penalties and ****.

If u can’t be stuffed working hard there are companies that pay for medical testing etc which pay, and also sperm donation I would imagine would pay pretty well.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah Tas wages are well below mainland states. With my qualifications its hard to find work that pays anywhere near what i used to get on the mainland. 7 years ago in Adelaide i was on 800 - 900 a week in community services. I live a bit cheaper in Tas as my mortgage is on 125 a week. So i can mostly get through. Just looking for another 200 a week as i should be pretty right then. When I worked for myself i could earn 400 a day in the spring and summer. I plan on starting up the business again down the track but that probably won't be until I buy another block of land closer to town and get a new shed errected so I can store my equipment. I have a few ideas that i will do from home once i have somewhere close to town to work from. Wrecking is one idea just plan on wrecking bikes and maybe getting into bike tyre sales at the same time.