Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Busted VT SS seat?

H00LiGaN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VNSS
gday, im alittle confused with this seat. I have a vnss with vt ss seats and on the drivers seat the back adjustment with freely slide all the way out. nothing looks broken on the shaft or anything it just doesnt go all the way in. However when u turn the large wheel to move the back part of the seat only the wheel side of the back moves forward or backward and the side next to the console does not move.. Confused""" i guess if the rod went all the way in it might click into the otherside...
I just dont see how it goes in any futher.... Any ideas

Attachments

• tn[2].jpg
    tn[2].jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 146
  • tn[1].jpg
    tn[1].jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 138

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
Looks like the circlip came off from the console side,anyway u have to line the shaft with the hole (console side) then push it thru and put a circlip on it.

H00LiGaN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VNSS
ahh thanks for the diagrams there great, however all i can do is push the rod in almost no movement. So i figure each side of the seat is not opposite eachother,there for i must wind the door side until it matches the console side correct, and with abit of luck the rod will slide the rest of the way in.

H00LiGaN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VNSS
also forgot to mention, is the drivers seat height adjustable? Coz ima big boy and when i get in the car the just firmly drops under tension then when i get out it comes straight back up... Coz i dont have the switches as its shown in the diagram just that peice of plastic trim.. By the way i only just purchased this car so im fixing all these fiddly littkle things if i can.

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
I think u better take the seat out,its very easy to fix.Or stick ur hand under the seat and try to guide the rail thru.

H00LiGaN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VNSS
yeh ill try the hand under the seat 2morrow,if it goes in where does the cirlip go to stop it from sliding back out?.. Coz when i pull the rod right out its just 1 straight peice with no grooves for a clip or anything..