Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Buying a new Barina X 2015 $16640 Manual Drive Away Help Please

bfhoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore
Hello Everyone

Thinking about buying the mrs a Barina X and this will be our first ever new bought car. Im just wondering when the dealer advitisers them at $16640 Drive away is there any haggling involved? How much is a good price to get off that figure. Im assuming they will play hard ball and the barina x offering sunroof, mags, foglights and the mylink at a very very competitive price im assuming they wont accept any haggling as it seems a decent price and If I walk away they just know they will sell it to someone else. Just wondering what most people haglle doen from the advertised drive away price if anything at all.

Thanks

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Hello Everyone

Thinking about buying the mrs a Barina X and this will be our first ever new bought car. Im just wondering when the dealer advitisers them at $16640 Drive away is there any haggling involved? How much is a good price to get off that figure. Im assuming they will play hard ball and the barina x offering sunroof, mags, foglights and the mylink at a very very competitive price im assuming they wont accept any haggling as it seems a decent price and If I walk away they just know they will sell it to someone else. Just wondering what most people haglle doen from the advertised drive away price if anything at all.

Thanks

The thing is, you'll offer a price. Then they'll counter it, or say they're not negotiable. You wont lose anything for asking, and they wont throw a sale away for you trying.

bfhoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore
So what would be a good price to offer then walk away and wait for a phone call? I have no idea I have bought about 20 private car sales but never ever bought a brand new car.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
A little off topic, but I was away on business not long ago and needed a car for a couple of days.
Called into the car hire place at the airport when I arrived and ask for a small car.............I got a new Barina, and it truly was a great small car to drive........Very sporty, quick and handled well.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
A little off topic, but I was away on business not long ago and needed a car for a couple of days.
Called into the car hire place at the airport when I arrived and ask for a small car.............I got a new Barina, and it truly was a great small car to drive........Very sporty, quick and handled well.

funny you should say that , I had one as a courtesy car from my Holden Dealer yesterday , neat little car , zippy , and felt quite solid too . Mind you , wouldn't buy one , not for a kick off Charlie

bfhoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore
Haha its just for the mrs. I have a ve and im ashamed to buy a barina very ashamed but its still a holden I guess. So you huys found it ok to drive. One thing I hate is 4 cylinders and the annoying engine drone good to hear you guys give it a bit of a good wrap