Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[NSW] Buying a used car frame, chassis/engine question

missholdenvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Clubsport
Hey,
Im looking at buying a clubsport frame from a mate and wondered if I needed to do anything with RTA or do checks or anything on it first? I know the chassis isnt damaged in any way, but didnt want to be a dick and ask questions (yes I know, asking questions gets answers) Im also buying a used engine for it and want to make sure ive got my I's dotted and T's crossed. What does the engine need to come with papers wise for RTA. Sorry if im way out of my league here but short and long is..Ive got a frame in mind and will purchase a engine for my project car and want to know whats expected of me RTA wise (checks on the chassis, engine)
thanks in advance:rofl2:

EDGE3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS COMMODORE,1996 GTS-R COMMODORE
Engine wise you will need a blue slip from a mechanic once the car is up and running and suppose a safety inspection report aswell for the whole car

missholdenvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Clubsport
Thanks for replying..so as the engine and the chassis wont match for obvious reasons, the blue slip people will update the records so the new engine matches the chassis number and then off to RTA I go?

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
i thought u needed a recipt with the seller and the chassis number on it,
then you tell vic roads that the car is yours,

then ssame witth the engine get a recipt stating u broguht the enging from this dude with the engine number on it then u can fit it,

if the engine is from the same model car, you dont need a engioneers certificate, you just need a road worthy certificate
then once you go to the mechanic and get ur roady u go to the rta and get it registerd

thts how i thought it was anyway?