Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

buying a ve ss ute

LoV3zTh3TiT

Reaction score
Members Ride
N /A
Hey guys im new to the site and this is my 1st post:hit::hit::hit::hit:, I'm in the market for a ute and I've been leaning towards the ve ss for a reasons . I mainly just wanted to get some feed back from anyone thats owned one, things to look out for??? Ill have a budget of around $25,000.

AD07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS V 6.0
You will only get 2 seats & you can carry stuff in the back.....:beer chug:

swingn_wasabi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS-V Redline Ute
Really nothing much to it mate.

Having some warranty on it is always a good thing for peace of mind if your budget allows for it, but as long as they've been looked after & maintained appropriately they are fairly bullet proof.

Wongsta

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 SS-Z Ute Manual
Most of the common mechanical problems with sedans / wagons etc are also applicable on the utes so maybe go down that path for your research.

Also check the tailgate and make sure both catches are engaged when the tailgate is shut. Mine were misaligned / incorrectly adjusted out of the factory so only the right catch was engaging. It took me ages fiddling to get both catches to engage with no slack or play. The last thing you want is the tailgate to drop with a load in the back while the ute is moving. I think there was a recall as well for a tailgate issue in some of the early models.

Good luck!

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
Hey guys im new to the site and this is my 1st post:hit::hit::hit::hit:, I'm in the market for a ute and I've been leaning towards the ve ss for a reasons . I mainly just wanted to get some feed back from anyone thats owned one, things to look out for??? Ill have a budget of around $25,000.
\\

You should read this :

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/your-ve-what-problems-have-you-had.171604

and this:

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/afm-l76-lifter-rattle-when-cold-wtf.139970

stubec16

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Equipe Sportswagon LPG
Not sure where $25k gets you but if you could get say 6 months factory warranty left, should be enough time to find any issues.

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
I would look for an SSV if possible. Just that little bit better in the inside(leather, possible 2 tone leather.)
Check on Carsales.

LoV3zTh3TiT

Reaction score
Members Ride
N /A
Thanks for all the speedy input guys its muchly appreciated, cant really do a great deal at the moment the bank has given the green light it's just a matter of selling my current car.... its not practical having three at the moment.
I've been smashing the **** out of all the car sites it's good tho having to wait abit with the sale of my car and the release of the VF things might come down a little more and I maybe able to bag myself a sweet SSV!! Cheers guys. =)

Vz SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SSV Redline
I just bought one and you will not regret it I absolutely love it