Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Buying a VT SS 5.7

patullose

Sean
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Exc 1994
minux said:
One thing, try and surprise the owners so they can't warm it for even 30 seconds prior, hard to do, but you want it bone cold.
yeah that could b hard if u are going thru a private sale, becuase you got to call for an inspection.
I hear the fuel concuption on the TV ss 5.7 is really good for everyday driving...can anyone back this up 13lts per 100km city driving is what i've been told

enhancedss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE R8 LS3, VYSS Ute 10.0@146MPH & VYSSTT 525rwkw
id suggest a vx as u get ls6 manifold, bigger injectors, etc......

later model car, for that extra few dollars if u can afford it, id go for it.

i know of 1 that just sold not that long ago here in sa, mint condition, camshaft, diff gears, exhaust, tuned etc for 16k.......

even wait a little and buy a later model again, for next to nothing when fuel prices keep the way they are, people will sell them of and buy astra diesels......

dont be worried about fuel consumption, spend a little on them, and fuel consumption is actually less than a v6 commy around town. and more than twice as much power...

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
patullose said:
yeah that could b hard if u are going thru a private sale, becuase you got to call for an inspection.
I hear the fuel concuption on the TV ss 5.7 is really good for everyday driving...can anyone back this up 13lts per 100km city driving is what i've been told

You can get under 10 with very very conservative driving.

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
If you have a V8, you can't granny foot all the time. If your not going to hit it, go drive a Excel or something, then you can really save fuel.

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
holden007 said:
If you have a V8, you can't granny foot all the time. If your not going to hit it, go drive a Excel or something, then you can really save fuel.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
agree.....no matter how "conservative" i try and drive you just cant help yourself but to push the foot down a little harder off the lights, round a corner, etc.

if you wanna save fuel buy a excel or some other four cylinder car..not a v8 :driving:

dob80z

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH GenIII Statesman
minux said:
You can get under 10 with very very conservative driving.

admitedly mine's a Statesman - with probably 3-400 extra kilos being dragged around, but for me it's 17s around town, and 10 on the freeway.

One tank of fuel from Queensland border to my garage in Newcastle on the Pacific Highway (was happy with that :) )