Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Buying a VZ thats done 200,000+ kms

vzcomy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive 3.6
Closed

Closed
car changed now.
Thanks everyone

Last edited:

Adds_05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L
you obviously were happy to pay that then thats all that matters,its a bit late to worry about it now. just enjoy driving it...

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
You can't say for sure its been flogged or not, but typically if a young fella's owned it and 'done it up' they usually have a bit of a hard life. :p

But, if its been serviced regularly and seems to drive well, then chances are it'l be sweet. The previous owner might have looked after it.

$6000 is a resonable price to pay for it, but I'd say the price reflects the kilometers driven.

If you're happy with it and it drives well, thats all that matters. Enjoy your new ride!

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Depends if its had a regular service history, and how bad its been treated.

Alloytecs aren't really known for their ability to last millions of kilometers.

I wouldn't worry about it but, if its seems ok, chances are it will be. Keep the services upto it.

vzcomy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive 3.6
ah ****.. im kinda worried now..

VZ_commo91

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ commodore Acclaim
"Alloytecs aren't really known for their ability to last millions of kilometers."

Just remember they are a new engine. They haven't had the chance to prove they can do lots of KM. Mine has done 222*** and still going absolutely fine. I haven't had any major problems with it. Its always been looked after with oils changed every 5,000 to 10,000 KM. Starts easy all the time. Still gets good fuel usage. There are some that get some big problems, but like any car, It depends on how its been driven and how its been looked after. I love my car, wouldn't trade it for anything. Had it almost 2 years, bought it with 169,786 on the clock, since then the only thing gone wrong, Oil pressure sender ( drove through water which upset it ) and just recently a coil pack, My radiator cap also gave me some grief but that seems to be common with all the VZ range. Mine has responded well with a K&N panel filter, 2 hole mod, and exhaust.

We are here to help, so if you have any concerns just look before asking, chances are someone else has had the problem, and its been fixed relatively easy. Enjoy your car, it will run more reliable and cheaper to maintain than your RB25DE(T?) as its made in aust and parts are easy as **** to get.

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Exactly, they are a new engine, so there shouldn't be horror stories about them, but there is quite a few.

If you read my posts you'll see that you have said basically the same thing as me, "it depends on how its been driven and how its been looked after..."

I wasn't bad mouthing the entire range, just saying that they aren't likely to last millions of kilometers. If you miss or skip services, the contaminated oil can and does wear the motors significantly.

Its just swell that your car has 222xxxkms on it, and responded well to a K&N filter and an exhaust.

The sooner people realise what these cars are made for and stop trying to get blood out of a stone the better, for the car and the future owners of said car.
They're a 1500/1600kg slug thats made to get the kids from school, or go shopping in.

Vt_vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
carless for now
i would of kept the skyline just cos its got a body kit and rims doesnt mean its been thrashed

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
i would of kept the skyline just cos its got a body kit and rims doesnt mean its been thrashed

Thats right, depends on how the previous owner looked after it...