Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

buying audio gear

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
what do you all think about buying audio gear to 'stock up' for your next ride? im thinking about buying a whole new sound system (eventually) and putting it in my next ute (which will be a VU or later) or in a project car if i decide to do one. im looking at getting a head unit, splits, 2 12" subs and amps to run the lot. do you reckon its a good idea to buy it now nd save it for later? or just buy the newer models when you get the new car? ;)

Bec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6L Wagon
If I did that I would cry every time I looked at it - kick arse sound that you can't listen to :cry:
But yeah...sorry cant help you :confused:
:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

PIMPIN

The Lurker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Calais 3.8 WHII Statesman LS1
I thought of doing that...many, many times...
The only thing that stop me was thinking 'well, I could spend this much on this set of speakers, but by the time I'll install them, there may be better ones around for the same price..'

...but that's me......:p

PIMPIN

The Lurker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Calais 3.8 WHII Statesman LS1
yeah absolutely...but i will usually do it in hits...i'll save up enough to buy four speakers and an amp, then a sub and an amp
then another sub
then another sub
then another sub
:p :p :p

midnight.outlaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S series 2
I can't do that, I can't even wait till I get home, I've bought a few new speakers and have installed them temporarally for the ride home in the carpark where I bought them.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
That's what I am doing at the moment......have got front and rear speakers aswell as four channel amp. To combat Pimpin's problem you just get the top of the range........I got the above 3 items and paid $912 and he gave me about $250-300ish off cause I get a fair bit from there:eek:.
Cheers:cool:

xstatic

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt gen 3 berlina
i reckon i would do it if i seen an unbeatable deal, the age of stuff doesn't bother me as long as it does what i want it to.

cheers

scott