Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Buying demos

Nomz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore International MY10
Considering buying a demo with 3,000km on it - what should I be wary of?

WHITESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV
Make sure its a fair bit cheaper than brand new, has been serviced etc take it for a test drive and check for any noises as demos tend to have been flogged around towns...not much highway work. out of curiosity whats it a demo of?

wigbilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SSV UTE M6
Considering buying a demo with 3,000km on it - what should I be wary of?

i wouldnt. with the current deals on new ve1's as ve2 approaches you could bargain hard and get new for same money. i just purchased a new my10 ssv ute m6 for 34k as gst is waived as was purchased thru fleet but nonetheless it was new and demos are more expensive than that.

Barter hard, ve2 approaching will see dealers try and shift and remaining ve1's..personally i preffer the ve1 so you cant go wrong if u do too..

Also consider, i am from old school that a car should still be run in for 2000k's so a demo would of been town flogged by potential buyers, over keen holden mechanics and the fat balding salesman. i believe in running in then changing the oil after run in period and keep that up for 3000k's..just my 2cents worth.

webwombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SS-V wagon
Look for demo's with really low km's

we are buying a demo - 2,225kms 2009 My10 VE SS V auto wagon, 10/2009 compliance plate $40750 drive away with 1600kg tow bar / ball , SS floor mats fronts and rear , moulded boot liner

Getting the 3000kms service done when I pick it up on Friday

Great thing about demo's is that you are one owner in the books which means potential good re sale price when it comes to selling your car.

Last edited:

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Make sure its a fair bit cheaper than brand new, has been serviced etc take it for a test drive and check for any noises as demos tend to have been flogged around towns...not much highway work. out of curiosity whats it a demo of?

Wont have had a service at 3000kms.

webwombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SS-V wagon
3000 kms service is just tighten nuts and bolts and general look over

wigbilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SSV UTE M6
3000 kms service is just tighten nuts and bolts and general look over

Personally at 3k I change the oil and filter. Overkill maybe but each to their own.

wigbilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SSV UTE M6
I thought everyone would do that!!! I always have! Makes sense to.

On my ute yes every 3k but have a v8 jeep too that I not serviced in 8 years. 360k later and 8 years on it's still on same oil.

But I would still buy new. Even if demo has only 2k on it. When u have test driven a car especially v8 you flog it. For the difference buying new at least u know no test pilot has flogged it. Also warranty will be from minute u drive it away not like a demo that maybe a my10 but was regoed in February. Hence 6 months less. Ask tinsnips about warranties.

Nomz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore International MY10
ignitionsv6 - it was a MY10 SV6 atomic green sedan.
i decided to go with a new international instead...think its more suited to me, even tho i love the idea of the sv6!