Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Buying demos

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
I just bought mine as a DEMO. Got the best deal ever, highly recommend it.

In regards to the trade in, dealers are shocking. They offered me 21k for my ute. I sold it privately a week later for 28k :)

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
haha - assuming the mattress is a clark rubber special? Had one custom cut to take the wheel arches into account!

i haven't read over this whole thread so i don't know why u guys are talking bout matress' haha i can only imagine though ;) haha

I was actually going to do this "clark rubber special? Had one custom cut to take the wheel arches into account!". Anyone got any idea how much it would set me back?

wigbilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SSV UTE M6
i haven't read over this whole thread so i don't know why u guys are talking bout matress' haha i can only imagine though ;) haha

I was actually going to do this "clark rubber special? Had one custom cut to take the wheel arches into account!". Anyone got any idea how much it would set me back?

My mattress is a Clark rubber but not a custom. It's seen much action that the foam has moulded around arches nicely. It's about time I got new one. If clarky watching give me a quote bro.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute

It's all followed on from a different thread - It's all about Wig and his mail-order-missus!

I can't remember how much it cost - wasn't bad - just some high-density foam - I think it's about $40 per square metre - they'll cut any shape you want. The girlfriend is handy with a sewing machine and did up a cover for it. Beats sleeping in the driver's seat or in a tent!

wigbilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SSV UTE M6
It's all followed on from a different thread - It's all about Wig and his mail-order-missus!

I can't remember how much it cost - wasn't bad - just some high-density foam - I think it's about $40 per square metre - they'll cut any shape you want. The girlfriend is handy with a sewing machine and did up a cover for it. Beats sleeping in the driver's seat or in a tent!

She was a bargain. I wanted a fit Sheila that didn't care if I was home or not. I love Thailand so bought a wife online. Paid by paypal and express posted so within 24 hours I was playing.

wigbilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SSV UTE M6
apparently one thread discussing the trials and tribulations of Ting Tong just isn't enough!

She is worth more than one. I can vouch for that

SV6SidiUTE

Vroom?
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute
i wouldnt. with the current deals on new ve1's as ve2 approaches you could bargain hard and get new for same money. i just purchased a new my10 ssv ute m6 for 34k as gst is waived as was purchased thru fleet but nonetheless it was new and demos are more expensive than that.

Barter hard, ve2 approaching will see dealers try and shift and remaining ve1's..personally i preffer the ve1 so you cant go wrong if u do too..

Also consider, i am from old school that a car should still be run in for 2000k's so a demo would of been town flogged by potential buyers, over keen holden mechanics and the fat balding salesman. i believe in running in then changing the oil after run in period and keep that up for 3000k's..just my 2cents worth.

How the HELL did you pick it up for 34 K??? Brand new SS? I bought mine for jsut under 40, with hard cover bigger rims and leather seats but when it came out... to know that I could have an SSV for that price.....man i'd be willing to get trade mine in..

SV6SidiUTE

Vroom?
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute

I got a 12mm rubber sheet. Really tough heavy stuff... Cost me 200 for 2x1.2 M. I could have gone cheaper but thought this was the best product. Really compressed tight. It is overpriced I know, but that's retail for you.