Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Buying demos

BLACK-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS, VE SS ute 360rwkws daily VE LPG
I guess it depends on the deal you get, when holden had SS utes for $33990 driveaway at the end of 08 i couldn't resist had a full tank of juice and 12months rego.

Going back a few years a guy at work knew a holden dealer well so thay ordered his car WH statesman with his options they kept it for 3 months as a demo and the guy from work bought it as a demo with a grand total of 250km's on it, he did most of them. Still has the car today. Saveds $1000's but had to wait 3 months for it. Helps if you got mates at dealership.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
most demo's don't get thrashed as the dealers go with you for the test drives these days.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
hmm bloody expensive. does clarky make covers for it as well? i don't have a missus lol

a 12mm sheet doesn't sound too comfortable!

Don't think they'd do the covers, Maccas - but you'd be able to get them knocked up by someone cheap... Maybe Wig's missus can help you out! The foam will be cheaper if you don't want the high-density gear. It's not really necessary - especially if you're not sleeping in it very often. At the time, I was doing a lot of shift work, and a lot of the time it just wasn't worth going home. Not sure if I'll bother picking one up for this ute - but if I end up with Bathurst tickets, I'll no doubt change my mind on that!

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
Don't think they'd do the covers, Maccas - but you'd be able to get them knocked up by someone cheap... Maybe Wig's missus can help you out! The foam will be cheaper if you don't want the high-density gear. It's not really necessary - especially if you're not sleeping in it very often. At the time, I was doing a lot of shift work, and a lot of the time it just wasn't worth going home. Not sure if I'll bother picking one up for this ute - but if I end up with Bathurst tickets, I'll no doubt change my mind on that!

yea i've got a swag for the time being. the mattress would be awesome though, much more comfortable! it's a bit down on the list of things to do though. i'm planning on starting to go to a few BNS's so it would come in handy for a decent sleep!

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
yea i've got a swag for the time being. the mattress would be awesome though, much more comfortable! it's a bit down on the list of things to do though. i'm planning on starting to go to a few BNS's so it would come in handy for a decent sleep!

Just grab a standard foam mattress - they come covered.. and wedge it in between the wheel arches - actually, it'll probably fit between them easy - I just had one cut to fill the whole tray.

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
Just grab a standard foam mattress - they come covered.. and wedge it in between the wheel arches - actually, it'll probably fit between them easy - I just had one cut to fill the whole tray.

man go check out the boot of your ute. the wheel arches aren't even an issue in the VE's. the mattress should fit pretty much square :)

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
man go check out the boot of your ute. the wheel arches aren't even an issue in the VE's. the mattress should fit pretty much square :)

They're narrow - don't fill the tray - you're right though, about the arches being much less of an issue in the VEs. A proper single mattress (ie innerspring like a regular bed) is EXACTLY the right length for the tray... can just close the gate (coincidence???) but it's quite a bit too narrow - not sure though if a double would fit width-wise. Besides.. you know I'm all about being different (or difficult!)

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
They're narrow - don't fill the tray - you're right though, about the arches being much less of an issue in the VEs. A proper single mattress (ie innerspring like a regular bed) is EXACTLY the right length for the tray... can just close the gate (coincidence???) but it's quite a bit too narrow - not sure though if a double would fit width-wise. Besides.. you know I'm all about being different (or difficult!)

so i could fit in a single mattress with my long eskie next to it?? sounds to me like holden have hit the nail on the head ;) hahaha

burger61

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 International 3.0
Hi all - I have just bought a demo VE Commodore International - I picked it up with 6km on the clock. The dealer had the car registered early Aug10 and the plates were never fitted to the car

It just depends on the vehicle you buy

I am happy - saved a few bucks and got a new car for a demo price

i wouldnt. with the current deals on new ve1's as ve2 approaches you could bargain hard and get new for same money. i just purchased a new my10 ssv ute m6 for 34k as gst is waived as was purchased thru fleet but nonetheless it was new and demos are more expensive than that.

Barter hard, ve2 approaching will see dealers try and shift and remaining ve1's..personally i preffer the ve1 so you cant go wrong if u do too..

Also consider, i am from old school that a car should still be run in for 2000k's so a demo would of been town flogged by potential buyers, over keen holden mechanics and the fat balding salesman. i believe in running in then changing the oil after run in period and keep that up for 3000k's..just my 2cents worth.