Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Buying demos

webwombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SS-V wagon
See why we bought a Demo and they are going "cheap" and it's the time to buy

gonnaenodathat

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 50th anniversary Manual FG XR6T
we took out an auto SS and did i flog it ? well, not really...sure i planted it from a roundabout to see what the grunt was like but other than that, i just wanted to get a feel for it and see how it drove...can't see the salesman letting you absolutely rape the thing ! but hey, you never know....

--Ben--

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SV6 ute
Yeah you don't really need to worry so much about the manner car buyers are driving the car, because as you said, usually theres a salesman sitting next to you.
However if you think the car sits in the yard and is only driven on test drives, you are wrong. Salesmen use them as drive cars, to the shops, on errands, and to get to and from home, and I've seen them flogging them on a number of occasions.
Yes ok, the ones with very low km's, like under 100kms you are most likely pretty safe, just saying be cautious on your purchase, don't think, she'll be right mate, good as new, make sure it is so.
I guess I sound pretty pessimistic, I don't meen to be, just don't like it when people that don't know any better, get taken advantage of, myself included.

webwombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SS-V wagon
if the price is right then go for it before someone else snaps it up

gonnaenodathat

Reaction score
Members Ride
the one i drove had 40klms on it and had trade plates stuck on it for that run... no rego plates at all... as new !

going to drop a bombshell here though.... after we cancelled our deposit on the VE-SS , i want to take out a XR6T manual for a blast..... i feel its only right to compare the two and see what i prefer.... i wont get a second bite at the cherry so needs to be done... there's things i like about each car and since i am not really that brand loyal, i wanna give it a go !

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Im a diehard Holden fan and I have to admit the FGs are a very nice looking car and the turbo 6 models have kickass performance with minor tuning.

gonnaenodathat

Reaction score
Members Ride
hmm its gonna be hard but i am getting impatient.... we were going to hold off due to saving for a mortgage but i am sick of driving an old ef wagon !

looks, the VE has it , performance, mate who is a traffic cop and drives both says the xr6t is an absolute hooligan ! so i need to try both before we decide..again :D

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
I'd definitely take one for a run - I did (and I wouldn't consider buying a falcon - as like Ricey, I'm from the red team) as I wanted something for comparison. Personally, the XR6T is quick as hell - but not until that turbo kicks in, obviously - there isn't much lag, but any lag is too much for me. Also, as I'm into utes, I didn't like the way the live rear axle in the falcon sat on the road. Interior dressings are a bit of a non event with me. But there's no arguing that the FG is a good car - just not for me.