Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Buying dual kicker cvr subs

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Sure there not bad. Not great, and pretty overpriced, but it will do the job. If you want to spend $400ish dollars ask Joe about this product Shopping Secure - VIBE BlackAir 12 , I'm willing to bet that it will kill those Kickers in both the SQ and SPL departments.

AutoSlick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Golf GTI Mk6
I've already suggested this in a convo with him: Shopping Secure - VIBE CBR12 Twin With Amplifier

Hehehe, your right about the SQ and SPL being better as well! That thing comes with Box/Subs/Wires/Amplifer, everything he needs so he doesn't have to mess around with his first system, nice and simple.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
We here at JC do not endorse JB HI FI in any way!!!lol. Stores such as JB, are not a dedicated car audio store, they merely have a small car audio section, generally with a rotated roster of who works in that section, on any given day.Sure, if they have the "exact" product your after, at a price which suits, then no worries, you've done your research and you know what you want. But people really need to stop going into these stores, and thinking that they must decide only between what is offered at that particualr store..

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Good ol' JB Hi-Fi, they are actually good for something, you can pick up some geat bargains if your patient, and they do have some decent brands too, MB Quart, Cadence, Orion, to name a few, though I have noticed some stores only have the cheap brands.

AutoSlick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Golf GTI Mk6
Bargains? Just because it has a discount sticker doesn't mean they can compete with me for value for money :D I'll be making sure that everyone on here gets the best value audio gear in house, right in the comfort of your very own home :D

Bit of a plug right there, but hey, I wouldn't be on here if I didn't think I was the best :)

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
HAHA yeah but this was before you were here Joe.

I got from JB:
Stinger 0-gauge HPM wiring kit for $150
D34 Optima for $250
2 x Kicker S12L7s for $200 each
2 x Cadence ZRS-6000Ds for $400 each down from $800 each. 700wrms for each sub
Cadence ZRS-1502 for $300 down from $600ish. 150wrms x 2 for the rear speakers
Cadence ZRS-7504 for $400 down from $800ish. 300wrms x 2 for the front speakers

Good equipment at good prices. But if you were around I would have got 2 x SPL Dynamics S-2604 for the front and rear speakers. A SPL Dynamics S-2000D for the sub. A saved up for a xMplar M12. Where were you Joe.....where.......? LOL.

AutoSlick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Golf GTI Mk6
Good question... LOL

Some of that stuff looks like its below cost by the looks of it, you must be a real ball buster :D

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Most of it was below cost. It comes from buying ex-demo gear, discontinued line, and getting on really well with the sales person.
L7s, were ex-demo, no box or manuals, just subs. All the amps were being discontinued, and new lines coming out, so got REAL cheap, except the ZRS-1502, demo wall unit. D34 was brand new, so bloody good bargain, but bought with an amp. And the Stinger kit, some twat customer opened the plastic case to 'see' what it looks like, so they offered it too me real cheap as it had been opened.
Also have a set of PolkAudio MMC-6500, got from WOW for $250 with RRP of $600ish, ex demo-wall set.

Nothing wrong with good quality ex-demo gear, as there is no way in hell they would play they at thier max in the store.

AutoSlick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Golf GTI Mk6
Ah right. You missed out on that "new electronics" smell though! LOL

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Is that like new car smell, but less leathery and more soldery?