Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Buying Fuel Pump and Compatibility

FinnCommie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Equipe
I need to get a new fuel pump for my VX executive sedan. If it's just the pump that needs replacement, can I get a GOSS pump from Burson (which seems to be the only brand they have on website) and put it in the original sender/assembly?

Or if whole thing needs to be replaced, would a set of GOSS be just as good as original? (Delphi I'm assuming).

Repco site is currently down for me, does anyone know if they sell fuel pumps?

I'm hoping to spend less than $100. Any advice on this site and item https://www.justcommodorespares.com...uel-pump-ca029004-6585-4ad1-911c-9f8174fc7362 or any other trustworthy sites for cheap refurbished/second hand pumps?

I have checked all the electrical in front, but not under yet at the fuel tank. So it could be issue with harness wiri

Thanks.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Have you tried bashing the bottom of the fuel tank while starting it, often gets them going in an emergency. Would need replacing though.
Plenty of cheap fuel pumps and senders on ebay but if it were me I would buy Delphi, you don't want to have to go through the hassle of changing it again too soon
Here is the cheapest I could find: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Fuel-pu...ularParcelWithTrackingAndSignature!2558!AU!-1

I certainly wouldn't be buying a second hand pump.

Juice3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
Yeah I'd only be buying a good quality brand new pump also watch this video it shows a problem you can get

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
Cheap and the VX fuel pump isn't words anyone wants to here.
This is a job you only want to do the once so spend the extra and feel safe on the highway.
I bought mine from Repco, go see them with your Vin number and they will sell the correct one as theirs just too many different versions.

FinnCommie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Equipe
Thanks for all the advice. I'll definitely buy a new one then. Burson sells the GOSS pump just by itself (GE063) that is supposedly compatible with the original assembly or the whole Delphi assembly and pump.

Repco has the fuelmiser brand for a cheaper price than the Delphi, has anyone experience with it?

Also, Is it possible to access the fuel pump harness without raising the car and lowering the fuel tank, to do the final electrical testing before actually taking out and replacing pump? Like can it be accessed by removing rear seats or something?

Thanks.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Quite often Fuelmiser is rebadged Delphi. It pays to replace the whole unit on VX, because the next thing to go will be your sender.