Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Buying shift kit, what else to consider upgrading?

silvr6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6
Going to buy a stage 2 shift kit in near future, and will buy 2nd corvette servo, just wondering what other little bits and pieces are worth swapping/changing etc bands, springs?

Any help with this is so much appreciated and can these be brought from holden or aftermarket? if anyone got part numbers or prices on pieces let me know

All info is appreciated thanks :)

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
shiftkits are eaisly purchased and installed at good automatic transmission places, this includes the upvanmped internals and im sure they basicly recondition the whole transmission in the process

corvette may be GM but its not holden so you say shift kit to them and they'll probably just laugh TBH

bit of ringing around and you should be able to snap up a good price

silvr6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6
Yeah didnt explain myself clearly i dont think, i know shift kit and servo aint holden line, wouldnt buy from there anyway

Just wondering about other things that are required to give the trans a bit of a tidy up and keep it running healthy for kilometres to come

Will be installing it all myself with some help from my dad, so only after parts

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
According to a a mate of mine that does up a few the reaction housing & clutches need upgrading if you are throwing a bit more go into her.