Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

buying VY SS s1 or s2

rydogz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
Intake/ extractors>high flows> cat back it is then lol.

Does the S2 exhaust sound any better?

Was listening to that VY darkrayne had on youtube with the 228/230 cam, otrcai, mafless, exhaust and fark me that sounds sweet. Love that lumpy idle of a weighted cam.:yeah:

jamesl_VTSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
[PHATSS]
dunno wouldnt really think it would, might be slightly louder than a series 1 that would be it.

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Coming in a bit late, VY SSII had another mod done to reduce piston slap. Personally I think this to be more importnat than interior mods, but....

rydogz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
Just noticed your post mate but I agree thats definitely an important one, thanks for the input.

Looking at a red series 2 tomorrow but it doesn't have leather seats :(

rydogz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
Test drove a red "s2" 04 today but I am confused as to whether is was actually an s2 or not. It has the s2 badge on the boot lid, the strut bar, but the aircon controls are the same as the s1 dash???

I am thinking of giving the VIN to holden to see what they say because I cam confused as it has both traits. Most importantly am I getting a 235kw/1602kg or 245kw/1658kg car and/or is this a chopped car?

BIG346

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS M6
Alot of Series II SS's didn't have climate control or leather/electric seats. If it is a 2004 plate then I am fairly certain it is series II. Check on the front bumper if the bottom is painted red (Series II) or if it is the black plastic (Series I). Series II also have space save spares (i think).

Last edited:

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
Series II also have space save spares (i think).
Really? I would think the SS would have a full size alloy spare. my dad's S pack S1 has a full size alloy spare. My S2 Berlina just has a 15" steel wheel but it's still full size.

Skooby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
Mine has a full size spare too, and is a series II.

Cars are basically what you want. People say you need the leather and climate in manual etc, but I wanted the total opposite.

I hate the quality of the leather in the VY's, didn't want the climate, and wanted an auto.

It all just depends on what you want, but generally the bugs have been ironed out for the series 2's in any car.

rydogz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
Alot of Series II SS's didn't have climate control or leather/electric seats. If it is a 2004 plate then I am fairly certain it is series II. Check on the front bumper if the bottom is painted red (Series II) or if it is the black plastic (Series I). Series II also have space save spares (i think).

So would you think this car was the 245kw/1658kg variety if it meets those conditions? As far as the spares it has a space saver. It had red plastic across the bottom of the front bar, I just checked photos I took of it.

cheers.

BIG346

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS M6
Yeh I would say its a Series II.