Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Buying a VZ

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Hey I'm not sure if something similar has been posted before, if so can you send me a link, cheers

Anyway I'm looking at buying a quicksilver vz exec ute 6 speed v6 with 64,000 k's, I went and looked at it today and its got quite a few scratches and stuff so probably not the best looked after ute, anyway im wanting to know if there are any telltale signs by looking at the car as to how well the engine has been looked after, or anything else to look out for, the engine bay looks very clean, tray looks like it has held a few lose sharp objects but it has been used as a company work ute.

I'm also wondering how hard it is to get centre console plastics, as they are very scratched, there is a pic below so you can see why im curious about the car

Also any ideas on how much it is worth would be good

Thanks in advance for your help
Steve

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
Mate, generalkly speaking, the interior of a car shows the amount of respect an owner will have for a car.

IF its ****ed, its cos of a lack of effort to maintain it which relates to the effort for the rest of the car.

As a work ute, it will have been treated like **** and hence all your damage.

Interior can be replaced very easily, but its better to just steer clear.

They ONLY just stopped making VZ's... trust me, there will be another manual ute out there in better condition.

aZk.

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
its hard to tell by sound how well the engine has been looked after cause they sound like **** all the time. the console is pretty easy to pull out from memory. there are 2 screws at the very back and 2 bolts in the centre console itself 10mm. and then i think the rest unclips. pm phreddy because he has written a guide on how to pull it apart with pictures

StevieP

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VZ SS 6L
the top part of the centre console simply pulls out with one screw holding it in under the ashtray

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
It is actually an ex-government car and on the website looked quite good, the rest of the interior looks like new, just the centre console is scratched, theyre expecting it to go for around 18 grand

heres a link Government Auction Details

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
I dont really know what to think, some people say get it if its cheap enough, others say dont because often by the condition of the interior shows how theyve looked after it
what do you's think would be a decent price for it?

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
buy my ute!

haha i almost would apart from its an auto...
i'll buy your mags though :p

(just realized how much has changed since u first got wheels for it...maybe i wont buy your broken 1's, although did you ever sell the hp 1's?)

Last edited:

=SKB=

Reaction score
haha i almost would apart from its an auto...
i'll buy your mags though :p

Doh!

If it's cheap, buy it. It's still under warranty so any issues could be dealt with by Holden. If you've ever had a work car you don't tend to take it easy on them. That said you can spend extra and get something that a little old lady drove to the shops on Sunday's...if you believe the salesman. At least you know this cars history.

No one but you knows if you should buy it.

:D