Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Buying

Heyman_526

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Holden Commodore Lumina
Good morning ladies and gentlemen I don't know if this is the right place but I was wondering what options I have when buying a car and getting it looked at first before I purchase? Also what is the best way to purchase a car? I have thought about going to an auction but I am really not sure any help is greatly appreciated have a nice day cheers

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Auctions= No test drive
Usually no warranty
No rego or rwc
What you see is what you get

Dealer=More cost but usually regoed and rwc and warranty(ask about and read warranty very carefully)

Private Sale=Test drive and time to inspect
Check revs register for monies owed, if so walk away.
Usually registered and rwc
Get mechanic or Auto Club to inspect(cost of course)
No warranty.

Most of my purchases have been private sales with only about 4 being dealer and probably 6 being auction.
I have never been happy with the auction process, main reason no comeback whatsoever.

Good luck

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Usually no warranty
No rego or rwc
What you see is what you get

Depends on the auction house and what type of auction it actually is, also the state. Lots of auctions where cars have hit the 40,000km turn over for fleet and are still in the warranty period with registration remaining (rego length varies tho). My family has bought a few vehicles like this and haven't had any issues with getting warranty jobs.

OP, you specifically looking to buy a VZ?

Heyman_526

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Holden Commodore Lumina
Depends on the auction house and what type of auction it actually is, also the state. Lots of auctions where cars have hit the 40,000km turn over for fleet and are still in the warranty period with registration remaining (rego length varies tho). My family has bought a few vehicles like this and haven't had any issues with getting warranty jobs.

OP, you specifically looking to buy a VZ?

I have just recently sold a vz but I'm not sure what I'm after next

Wats_in_a_name

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
I got my VZ at an auction and am very happy with it. From what I have heard from others auctions can be hit and miss. You will save money and whilst there are a lot of cases like mine where you will get something good it doesn't always work out that way.