Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Buzzing Brakes

Luca_VY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Hey Guys - A little help please

Have just fitted new Rotors and Pads All round. Slotted at the front and Drilled/Slotted at the rear. The Mechanic/Qualified (Good Friend) has done this for me.

The Problem is (When I say problem I mean annoyance more than anything) There is a constant 'Buzzing' sound (fairly certain its coming from the rear), Like a cicada and when I apply pressure through normal braking the noise gets louder. It's always constant and only louder when braking.

I have no idea what the noise is nor does he???

Cheers

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Slotted rotors will make more noise that standards, sometimes changing to a different pad will stop the noise.

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
Hey Guys - A little help please

Have just fitted new Rotors and Pads All round. Slotted at the front and Drilled/Slotted at the rear. The Mechanic/Qualified (Good Friend) has done this for me.

The Problem is (When I say problem I mean annoyance more than anything) There is a constant 'Buzzing' sound (fairly certain its coming from the rear), Like a cicada and when I apply pressure through normal braking the noise gets louder. It's always constant and only louder when braking.

You do not indicate what brand of rotors you purchased.

In my view the noise you complain of is emanating from the rotors. Both slotted and the drilled / slotted rotors can produce this noise depending upon the design of the rotor. It can be pronounced with drilled rotors - but it is dependent on design and the slot/drill pattern. It's likely that most of the noise (not necessarily all) is coming from the rear rotors which you say are both slotted and drilled.

In my opinion you will not eliminate the noise by changing your rear brake pads because they are not the issue. You will likely need to use a standard face rear rotor if you wish to eliminate the rear brake noise entirely.

Last edited: