Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Buzzing in speakers

G4orce

HSV Owner
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
Vy Senator Signature 5.7lt auto
I have a vp calais with 2 twelve inch subs and 6*9 but i am getting a buzzing noise coming through. I have the subs connected to one amp and the 6*9 connected to an other but at the moment i have unpluged the 6*9s beceuse the fuel line interfers with in and make a noise to the revs of my car. I dont no how to fix this and it is really anoying. I have a noise filter and this calms it down a bit but not enough. The whole system was working fine one day and then it just started to do this noise. Any help would be good so thanx. ;)

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
You could get a noise supressor on your alternator, unless thats what you've got already.. You can also get inline filters that plug in before your rca's.

However your probably best moving your power supply to the other side of the car, are your rca's and power both on the same side? Make them opposite if they aren't. Apart from that maybe a faulty earth.

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
maybe try co-ax cable, you may be able to get it from serious audio shops?

P

paulio

i had the same problem and i moved my power cables for amp to opne side of car and my speaker wires to the other side and my rca run down the centre it cut out all noise ... also if it isnt ground properly it will do that as someone already said.. it is one of the most common problems for noises when using amps

P

paulio

btw it is recommended that you do not use 6x9's with subs as the different bass frequencies conflict and it causes a real bad sound.. ud be better putting good 6 inch splits in the front and putting rear fill speakers (aka. 6 inchs) the subs will sound alot better and clearer... i got this from a well respected car audio store and installer so its not just my opinion.. when i bought my sub from them they told me to take oput my 6x9 for that reason

xstatic

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt gen 3 berlina
my speakers started doing that and it was a deck fault.

cheers

scott