Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Buzzing Relay? Help

smokin_vx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
I noticed last nite when i got out fo my car that there was a buzzing sound under the hood.

The again today just about an hour ago... I lifted the bonnet and put my finger on the relay to feel it and it was the one i have circled in the photo below.

Can anyone tell me what this is and what i should do?

Also, what is missing next to my fusebox (circled also)

IMGP3292.jpg

Thanks guys!!

Smokin

pablo

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Was a 1997 vt v6 wagon
That relay is the 'front wiper relay'. It should tell you this on the diagram under the fuse box lid!. If it is buzzing, best replace it. That vacant pad is where the Cruise Control sits in vehicles with this fitted.

smokin_vx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
That relay is the 'front wiper relay'. It should tell you this on the diagram under the fuse box lid!. If it is buzzing, best replace it. That vacant pad is where the Cruise Control sits in vehicles with this fitted.

Hi, yeah i know about the diagram but forgot to mention that mine has fallen off.

How sure are you its the wiper blade relay? My vx was manufactured in Dec 2000 and i think has an older fuse box, could be the A/C Relay???

Thanks

pablo

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Was a 1997 vt v6 wagon
that blank area is for abs you dont have it

On the VT, that blank area with the 3 threaded holes is for fitment of the cruise control, the pad next to it again, in front of the master brake cylinder, is the position for the ABS!
and the yellow coded relay, in between the two greens, is for the wiper.
This is on the VT model, perhaps the VX is around the opposite way? but I am under the impression they are much the same.