Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Buzzing sound

E

enfz

Got a VT commodore. When the stereo (Stock eurovox) is on, and I turn the headlights on..there is a buzzing noise. It goes off when I turn the headlights off. Any ideas?

DJ Majah

Electro doof doof styleé
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII cruiser
There is a low voltage line that goes into your HU called illumination, when you turn on the headlights (at night they assume) it drops the power to the display so it isn't so bright. If this is wired incorrectly or backwards it could cause the buzz.

Has the HU ever been taken out, cause you shouldnt have a problem like that from the factory.

E

enfz

This only happens when the headlights are on, when I turn the deck on (while headlights are on), a hissing/distortion noise appears on the left front speakers. When I turn the deck off, the sound remains for a few seconds then dissapears. Also when the headlights are on, the "dimmer" on the deck LCD turns off, and turns back on when I turn headlights off. Seems like the headlights/parking lights switch interferes with it.

There was a phone hands free kit on there before, but it has been taken off.

Any ideas what might cause it? where do I start looking..

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Maybe when the phone kit was removed something was altered.

Pull the stereo out and look for anything wrong with the wiring of it.

E

enfz

Quite possibly, but not too sure though. There are holes and screws on the left side of the console. Im trying to remove that panel there to find out. Any ideas how to?