Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

buzzing threw speakers

COMMY VP 666

COMMY VP V6
Reaction score
Members Ride
COMMODORE VP
as this is a semi common thing

to begin with it is only happening thru my speakers that are on my amp.
i have a noise reduction in place but its still happening

its not the normall alternator whining its just a buzzing

it goes away after 5 or so mins, but when you turn something on e.g mainly a/c, and indicators

also when you put the indicators on the sound goes thru the speakers

does anyone have any clue what it could be

i also have a earth from my seats, and a earth from the battery

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Im guessing it's an earth related problem. firstly, where are you amps mounted, because if their mounted in the boot, and your earthing of the front seat, then that's too long of an earth cable to start with. You should be earthing off as close to the amp as you can.

Secondly, if you havent already done so, run your RCA's and power cables, down different sides of the car, to aviod any possible interference.

The best spot for earthing in my opinion, is to slide the top section of your rear set off, and you will notice some holes in the metal. These are great earthing points, and using the right size screw, with a nut on the other end, you can ensure a really tight connection is made..

Either way your picking up a signal from somewhere, which would only happen if some part of your wiring, is either too close to something, is touching something else, or is not sufficiently insulated. And what did you mean by you have an earth off the battery????? You should only ever be using power from the battery, and earthing from the cars chassis..

BTW how is the rest of your set up going, i remember you posting ages ago about trying to get your 6x9's into the parcel shelf if i remember correctly?

Last edited:

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
i use to have a whinning problem with the amp and speakers but solved it, when i fiddled with the settings abit, i had it set on to much bass or something..i also replaced the speaker wire with a better quality then the old dodgey stuff...

u could give it a go, if it helps :)

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Its more than likely an earthing problem, as vpcomm stated. But earthing straight from the battery is the best solution....but you can get a good earth from a solid part of the chassis so its kinda pointless running another cable from the battery.

I would make sure your earth is good, both at the amp and at the head-unit. But i'd
imagine its at the amp as your only getting it through the amped speakers.

camstatic

I'm back babeh.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Another thing to consider is perhaps your RCAs have a shielding problem, considering they could be running parallel to the tail-light loom, and they're plugged in right in front of the heater box... Might be something worth looking into.

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
if it only does it on radio and you have an elec aerial check that too, mine was loose inside the guard and making radio buzz.