Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bye bye gearbox

alex2_s

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Sedan Auto
Your sun gear has failed, which actually is a replaceable component and shouldn't imply other transmission damage. Of course, like with cooling systems, replacing one component will put more stress on everything else and only a matter of time before something else fails (= full rebuild).

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
man thats pretty fked! woulda cost alot aswell..
as for the tranny i got auto full rebuilt at RVO Automatics in Dandy
Off cheltenham rd. Dave is the owner and knows his **** specialy with 4L60E trannyy's.
im from south oakleigh my self and got mine built from him about 6months ago for $1750
with strong internals designed to be abused and can take 330rwkw he reckons and comes with a 1 year unlimited km waranty.

ive got the following parts in my box atm

* corvette servo
* Full Rebuilt 4L60E with Corvette Servo
* Heavy Duty Clutch Kit
* Recoed Stall Converter
* RVO Custom Shift Kit
* Steel Forward Piston Kit
* Hiflow Pump & Rotor

it shifts pretty firm through out all the gears 1st to 2nd is more noticeable but 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th is firm to under load
hope this helps

Sorry for the double quote, but I'm taking it in next week to get that done ^^^ (or something similar). Hopefully thatll be the last of my problems for a while, coz I won't be able to afford to fix anything else