Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bye bye VH.....Hello Grandpa Pack VL

sidecar44

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Grandpa Pack
Cheers guys......Went away for Easter and was pulled up by some slapper in the Mansfield Highway Patrol.We were camping and access is by 30km of dirt road,well after 7-8 trips plus some added rallytime the car was FILTHY! She proceeded to "inspect" the car.
As it had a rwc 5-6 months back I knew it was in really good shape so I proceeded to be a complete smartarse and prodded her knowledge after she pushed on the LHrear quarter and says "your Panhard Rods a bit worn" well after 1-2mins of laughing so hard I asked what function does a Panhard Rod do the rear end??? No reply.... then pushes on the boot and says its to low and shock need replacing.......First the trailer was on and the rear has 4 month old Pedders Comfort Ride shocks. I pointed out the trailer makes it sit lower and she should get on her back to check my "Panhard Rod" as its very rigid!
That made her really pissed,especially as her Senior Sarg heard it all,my mate by this stage was doubled up in laughter on the footpath.
Next was to lift the bonnet to check for my 2 famous go-fast mods,the "Nitrous Oxidization Warp Speed Boosting Unit" and the "Flux Capacitor" but alas no mods at all......not even a loose battery! I pointed out why the fark would I mod the engine let alone fit a turbo when I still have a bloody AM/FM Cassette player in it.
Well 40 mins later all that was picked was 2 scrubbed front tyres and a handbrake adjustment,I swapped tyres in 10 mins with some good spares and put 6 turns on the h/brake centre adjuster and removed the towball.When I picked up the green rwc slip and the w/shop said it was the cleanest they had seen in years.

Btw after the 40 mins with her I mentioned Im a mechanic of 23 years with past rwc exp, and watch Back to the Future....its a great movie!!!

Now its time to get some stuff happening,been hoarding some stereo equipment for a bit and the following will be getting done over the next few months.

Sony H/U (I apologize)
Focal Utopia 3ways (front doors)
Kicker KX850.4
12" Orion XTR
Kicker SX1250.1
some Stinger wiring and Damping Kit,Narva Cabling and fuses plus a 100AH battery on a Steed Isolating Circuit.
Keeping it fairly simple but reasonably loud with 400+wrms to set of Focals.
No rear speakers will be required :)

and thats just the beginning.....better keep this thread from the missus ;)

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Now its time to get some stuff happening,been hoarding some stereo equipment for a bit and the following will be getting done over the next few months.

Sony H/U (I apologize)
Focal Utopia 3ways (front doors)
Kicker KX850.4
12" Orion XTR
Kicker SX1250.1
some Stinger wiring and Damping Kit,Narva Cabling and fuses plus a 100AH battery on a Steed Isolating Circuit.
Keeping it fairly simple but reasonably loud with 400+wrms to set of Focals.
No rear speakers will be required :)

Pics or get out lol. There's nothing wrong with Sony, I know a lot of people who go all crazy with car audio hate their products, but Sony are a quality brand and I've always been happy with their products. I'm sure it'll do the job.

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
Man I'm jealous as haha that's one clean VL, cleanest I've ever seen, and MY mechanic said mine was the cleanest he's ever seen so he'd need a new pair of pants after he sees yours hahaha!

Keep the tape deck, never know, someone might want it in a few years!