Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bypass ignition and immobiliser Vs Calais

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
To temporarily bypass the immobiliser in VR or VS, just leave the ignition key in the ON position for 45 minutes for VR or series 1 VS, or 120 minutes for a series 2 VS. Once the override time is up, the security light will stop flashing and will go out, then the car should start, but once its turned off again, you will have to let the car sit for the 45 or 120 minutes before it will start again.. You will need to get someone to disable the VATS in the memcal to bypass it permanently, this can be easily done yourself at home with a bit of expence, but I wont post up on here exactly how its done.....

jayjay007

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden acclaim vr
i have the same problem please contact me on how to permanently bypass the vats and memcal on my vr i am frustrated from the lack of help on this subject

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
i have the same problem please contact me on how to permanently bypass the vats and memcal on my vr i am frustrated from the lack of help on this subject

I guarantee you'd be more frustrated if someone knocked off your car if the knowledge was so easily obtained from helpful people.

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
Okay, I'll bite... so you have a vr/vs calais that you want to use as a paddock basher (or one down the road from a mates joint that you'd like the rims, interior and other bits off) as well?

tommy4711

Reaction score
Members Ride
wk caprice
I would have thought car theft would have dropped right off now. You can put a gps tracker in your car for about $30 i almost think insurance companies should put them in as part of your policy.. might be a good marketing pitch for someone to take to an insurance company

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
You'd think, but there is quite alot of nice cars of the era getting around (and they're still in the top 80% of p plate cars around my area)
Just because an exec isn't worth the scrap value per tonne doesn't mean the more immaculate variants can be replaced, scum will take what they can for a joy ride if it's easy.
Hand feeding people that can't work it out with 1 post stating "frustration" on lack of info shouldn't be fed, it's Vehicle Anti Theft System for a reason.
10K views on a public thread with this topic.... need i say more? those trying to do the wrong thing aren't smart enough to work it out, can't see any other threads on common problems posted at the same time with a fraction of the view numbers.
hs_zpsr1pg9saw.jpg

poor bot is out of date but still #1 result with related link
Now i've seen those stats i'm reconsidering a retrofit i was doing, guess i'll go for at least a vx flashrom pcm for a minimum now (wanted a map sensor but ####it, i'll live with an afm to keep grubby lil fingers off the future pride and joy)

Last edited:

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
The kind of thread that should be deleted and google notified to remove any cached versions.

Blistering hamster

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs l67 and eh
To temporarily bypass the immobiliser in VR or VS, just leave the ignition key in the ON position for 45 minutes for VR or series 1 VS, or 120 minutes for a series 2 VS. Once the override time is up, the security light will stop flashing and will go out, then the car should start, but once its turned off again, you will have to let the car sit for the 45 or 120 minutes before it will start again.. You will need to get someone to disable the VATS in the memcal to bypass it permanently, this can be easily done yourself at home with a bit of expence, but I wont post up on here exactly how its done.....
Please contact me on 0447575994. Had my key stolenout of my car I can show u criminal report from the robbery for proof that I'm not trying to steal a car.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Or take the car to Holden and have a new key coded or buy a Key and BCM from the wreckers and fit that instead.....

Is the car insured? Won't insurance cover replacement keys?