Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

bypassing a vr immobilizer permanently

les82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 304 T5 in build process, whii Statesman
Hi, I am building an off road buggy using the running gear out of a VR commodore. I have a little problem.
The key head seems to be buggered, and wont let me stat the engine. It will start if I leave the ignition on for 45 mins, however this isnt practical.
What I want to do is bypass the system all together. I understand this a public forum, so if any one can help prehaps sending a PM on how to do it would be best?
Thanks Les

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
You just need someone to disable the VATS (Vehicle Anti Theft System) in the ECU's memcal.Theres guys on here who can do it for you and it shouldnt cost too much.I dont have the adaptor to connect the VR type memcal to the chip burner,I only have a VS type adaptor which is different,otherwise I would do it for you for a few bucks.

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
just the memcal out of the ECU.

there is a cover on one end of the ECU that comes off to reveal a blue chip. thats the memcal.

doing it this way is also the most reliable way, instead of trying to bodge something up.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
No, I doubt if holden would do it,I doubt theyd have the gear to be able to do it anyway,also they probably wouldnt do it because its bypassing the anti theft system.They get funny when it comes to stuff like that.They wouldnt even give out the unlock code to an original stereo from a VN calais without showing them a drivers licence and rego papers and a heap of other ID.
If you cant find anyone on here to do it for you,You can also try posting on this website (delcohacking.net ),and you should be able to find someone there who can do the memcal modification for you cheap.

nobullneeded

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 SVZ
^ That means running the actual vr key and barrel.
If he chops the security module out. Should leave him options to not use a key at all..... or a key system designed for off road use.
Being an offroad buggy etc etc.

Girlfriday

Reaction score
Members Ride
Coommodore VS executive
VATS permanently disabled

Hi, I have a Holden Commodore VS Executive and after a mechanic had a look at it, we suspect that my key no longer deactivates the anti-theft system and therefore the car will not start. Due to the fact that the car is a 1995 model and I am only planning on driving it until July 2011, I would like to have the VATS permanently disabled. I see you have the adaptor for a VS and also live in Tamworth. If you are able to help me, I will appreciate it if you can let me know by e-mailing me at [email protected]. I would like to get this done as soon as possible. Thanks Girlfriday

You just need someone to disable the VATS (Vehicle Anti Theft System) in the ECU's memcal.Theres guys on here who can do it for you and it shouldnt cost too much.I dont have the adaptor to connect the VR type memcal to the chip burner,I only have a VS type adaptor which is different,otherwise I would do it for you for a few bucks.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Hi, I have a Holden Commodore VS Executive and after a mechanic had a look at it, we suspect that my key no longer deactivates the anti-theft system and therefore the car will not start. Due to the fact that the car is a 1995 model and I am only planning on driving it until July 2011, I would like to have the VATS permanently disabled. I see you have the adaptor for a VS and also live in Tamworth. If you are able to help me, I will appreciate it if you can let me know by e-mailing me at [email protected]. I would like to get this done as soon as possible. Thanks Girlfriday

Hi,yep I can help you out.Email sent.