Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bypassing VY Calais seat memory

mattywhyteVYII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
Hey there

I've just bought a VY Calais leather interior for my VYII executive. Ive Wired up the passenger seat, but I can't get the drivers seat to work. I have read that I have to bypass the memory module. Can anyone tell me how to do that or is there anyone I can take it to in Melbourne? I thought maybe I could just wire it direct from the switches to the motors on the seat the same way the passenger seat is. Would that work?

Cheers

MayhemOfHell

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 WL Caprice V8 LS1
If you mean do a direct wire from the 12v+ supply through the switch to the motor to ground.. Well depends on what voltage/amps the switches are rated for and if they use a relay. Have not directly looked at mine for awhile.

Do the passenger seat set ups have any method of detected a max & min movement range? otherwise it could start to do something bad if a switch is held down to long. This is something im looking at doing soon.. When i do, i'll be having either a mosfet or relay per motor. But this is all due to be controlled via a arduino so little difference there.

The memory module itself, is that more of a "in-between" adapter that has the same plugs coming out of it that are connected to it from the car?

ands

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais
hi on your standard 4 way VY11 there are 3 wires for the plugs RED, Black AND light brownish with white strip, Now get your self a calais/stato 8 way plug for the seat harness and cut your old plug off as it is useless. make sure to unplug the battery or take out the fuse for the power seat. Now wire up your New calais plug you see the same 3 colour wires connect these together and you will also need to connect 2 more wires to get the seat to work, on your new calais plug you see a smaller red with a black strip connect this to the 12v red wire and there will be one more black wire on the new calais plug, yes connect this to the black wire and now to get your passening seat working you need the calais seat plug/harness too, run two wires one to the red 12v+ and one to the black..
both of youe seats will now be 8 way but no memory.
How do i Know this because i have done the same conversion into my vz belina. works will, but i really want the memory to work I will find a way to get it working and then post it up.
Note unplug your battery u will need you stero code, also if you don't unplug your battery which I didn't and i had the key on to listen to the radio while i unplug the airbigs, now i got the dum SRS light on tne left corner off my dash. which wash no biggee coz my Mech plug his tech 2 and took the srs light off for me for $10. holden wanted $110 to do the same job. Which took him 3mins.

patheg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2
Hi guys,
I have recently bought a VZ Calais interior for my VY Berlina series II.

I please need some guidance as to how you wired up the seats electrics and made the airbags not trip up with codes.
Currently my car has driver electric seats (12V) but this is not the same plug as the Calais seat (24v?).

Thanks guys.