Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

~Bz Kn33z Black VN~

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
Just bought some VP Calais Chrome window surrounds and sunvisors for $40 i didn't know you had to take the back quarter windows out with them lol but its done now.

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
Update, Drove the car for the first time in 8 months today when i moved it to my new house, i noticed it was leaking a lot of oil in the drive way, i have a look to see where it came from and it looks like its between the bell housing and its not Gearbox oil :(

So I will be pulling the motor/box out and finding where its coming from theres only really 1 spot where it could be from and thats the rear main seal that i have done previously but i put another Rope seal in so i will be opting out for a rubber one this time.

Now that i have some spare time on my hands and not doing home renos i will be getting stuck into this car and doing the following.

Rear main seal
Gearbox input/rear seal
Fitting LSD 3.08 Diff, Sealing the 3.9 minispooled diff
Re-doing intercooler piping
Finally fitting surgetank/044 pump
Fitting Stato Door Trims
Whiteline H/D sway bar Rear
And little bits here and there to get the car running right.

Then it will be onto the body work

Sanding
Primer
Fitting Sv5000 Bumpers/Skirts/door ticks

And alot more to come that i have bought for the car and need to fit it

Does anyone know about the ABS on the diff can i just bypass it to bolt the diff straight up to the VN.
It came out of A VS with ABS

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
Yeah i was going to do that just wasnt 100% cheers mate.

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
Well had a late night doing home renos and found myself in the shed taking parts off the car to pull to motor out and replace the rear main seal.

I also notice alot of my exhaust gaskets have been leaking also and a bolt wasnt even on the bottom of the turbo housing so now i will be tripple checking everything to make sure its all good.

From what i thought was going to be an easy job of just fixing small things here and there with the motor to get it to run good, so i could get started on the body work to fit the sv5000 kit and respray the car turned out to be alot more problems when you start to go over things.

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
I have got off my arse for a change and did some on the VN the last couple of days.
The parts i have fitted to the car

3.08: LSD diff With Whiteline Adjustable Panhard bar. What i noticed when hooking up the brake lines from the VS LSD Diff to the T piece on the car they where a different flare. The VN is just a normal Flare and the VS was a bubble Flare type, so lucky i had my old diff i just fitted my VN brake lines to the VS diff and seemed to work a treat.

044 and 1l surge tank are fitted in the boot and plummed up nice, just need to wire up the relay.
Whiteline 30mm Front sway bar is fitted with Nolathane bushes and New H/D Swaybar Links fitted.

I have also done the VX brake booster/Master conversion the brackets are made up and everything is bolted up to the VN i just need to make the bracket for the master cylinder to strut tower.
I'm not sure how i am going to hook up the brake lines if i will need to get them flared or if i swap them out for VR/VS brake lines if there different and will fit the VX master cylinder.

Everything is out of the engine bay also and i will be starting the prep work to get it ready for paint, any pointers on Prepping the engine bay would be good i am still sticking to just the 2k Black.

Pictures to come also, she aint looking pretty though lol

Attachments

• SAM_4048.jpg
    SAM_4048.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 227
  • SAM_4050.jpg
    SAM_4050.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 210
  • SAM_4052.jpg
    SAM_4052.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 239
Last edited: