Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

~Bz Kn33z Black VN~

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
i was looking at a cussion button for $400, but i think i will stick with this other one unless there are bad things about them, or i get a better deal from a mate at sprints.
it would be done on a weekend just have to get funds and it has to be done because this new pully will fry the standard little bugger lol.

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
Ok, got my Pully today, and fitted tonight, gotta make some small mods to make it run right, but there is a difference thats for sure, my oil pressure reg has been leaking and pissed out alot of oil, it was an after market gauge with a T peice and the stock sensor, so i just removed the aftermarket and no leaks now, it wasnt leaking at the connections it was the unit itsself so not happy about that.

Also looking into a Pod filter in a contained box with my 100mm to bumper cai and the VS S/C CAI aswell to get more air into the box that the Pod will be in, i didnt want to really take this track but i have heard that the standard airbox is a restriction for the blowers and i cant have that now :p, i will be getting the car up to top shape then getting a dyno, on 5psi, i am hoping for 150rwkw atleast anything over that and i will be happy.
i am also moving the T/B infront of the charger and it will have a pod hooked onto it in a box soon, that will be the next thing, unless the clutch goes in the meantime lol.

vn calais manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais, vs clubsport #137
good to see ur making progress :), maybe have a look at that mace setup for the airbox, looks perfect for what you want. im interested to see what kinda power your putting out, only time will tell.

how much difference did you notice with the new pulley?

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
I have notice abit of difference but i need to sand back the top hat on the clutch pully so it doesant slip and grabs real good, today i am putting the pod on to see if boost levels change and also fixing my exhaust

as for power i think maybe 145-155rwkw range maybe really hard to tell, but all i can say is my mate in his vx genIII backed off when i started to pull from him lol

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
Drove my car to work yesterday and when i got back into my car after work the car wouldnt start, i thought the pump has gone it was making a bubble noise but no it was fine, the car wouldnt crank at all, so i looked in the engine bay and could see much then looked at the starter motor and the solinoid was just hanging down :p, dont ask me how that happened lol lucky i had no aircon so i could see that it was that :) anyway so i got a mate to push start the car with me and away i went got it home and got some bolds to it and took the starter off fixed it all up and its good as gold lol :).

Also selling the 5psi pulley and upgrading to a fixxed 6psi one, like vpluke had at one time, and thestig, so if any1 knows of one or is selling let me know, also have the clutch pulley forsale so if you are interested pm me.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
lol, the solenoid fell off? That's awesome ^_^ hahaha

You should rig it so that you park the car at home facing downhill, and park the car at work facing downhill. That way you can rollstart every time, and never have the use the starter :p

Good luck with the new pulley - every PSI counts, right? :p

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
Lol yeah its a weird one, the little spring was still inside it and the other bit from the guts of the solinoid was on the ground so lucky me :p, when i put the manual in the solinoid shat itsself and i got an ultra torque one, also heard of a mate that a ford one possibly XF are better solinoids and crank the car over faster but not sure on that one.

yes every PSI counts, its amazing what an extra couple of psi can do :)

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Can you get reduced ratio starters for V6 motors? I've heard good things about them - they make a nasty sound though.

I take it this 6psi pulley is one small step toward 8-10 in the end? :p

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
its the highest i will go unintercooled, when i get all the goods like piping and intercooler injectors all that, it will go up to 10-12psi, hope the T5 will handle it, ifnot you can get fully rebuild change overs for around $600

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
Car is running the same, boost gets to 4-5ish psi, tomorrow i am getting a Dyno just some power runs and he is going to print it off aswell as a air fuel ratio sheet so what do you all think it will pull? it will determin if she is running right or not, i am hoping for around 140Rwkw